South Dakota 1990 ballot measures
- Five of the measures were legislatively-referred constitutional amendments.
- Two of the measures were initiated state statutes.
- Two of the measures were approved.
- Five of the measures were defeated.
On the ballot
|Amendment A||Property||Relates to the disposition of private property taken for public use|
|Amendment B||Legislature||Changes aspects of legislative eligibility|
|Amendment C||Taxes||Prohibits an income tax unless revenue is dedicated to education|
|Amendment D||Legislature||Allows for special legislative sessions when requested|
|Amendment E||Taxes||Limits the growth of taxes on real property|
|CISS||Initiative 1||Utilities||Approves construction and operation of a solid waste facility|
|CISS||Initiative 2||Natural resources||Requires permits for large scale gold and silver mining|
- 1990 ballot measures
- List of South Dakota ballot measures
- History of Initiative & Referendum in South Dakota
- South Dakota Secretary of State: Historical ballot measures and election results
- South Dakota Political Almanac, South Dakota Constitutional Amendments, Initiatives and Referendums 1970-2010
- Inter-University Consortium for Political and Social Research: Referenda Elections for South Dakota 1968-1990
State of South Dakota
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Secretary of Education | Director of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Environment and Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |