South Dakota 1994 ballot measures
- Five of the measures were legislatively-referred constitutional amendments.
- One of the measures was an initiated state statute.
- One of the measures was a veto referendum.
- Three of the measures were approved.
- Four of the measures were defeated.
On the ballot
|Amendment A||Taxes||Requires the payment of taxes on leased school and public lands.|
|Amendment B||Suffrage||Reduces the minimum age to vote.|
|Amendment C||Gov't Finances||Expands areas of investment for permanent educational funds|
|Amendment D||Legislatures||Reduces the minimum age required to hold legislative office.|
|Amendment E||Lottery||Allows the lottery system to continue operating.|
|CISS||Initiative 1||Taxes||Caps real property taxes at one percent of the assessed value.|
|VR||Referendum 2||Transportation||Requires the use of safety belt systems in passenger vehicles.|
- 1994 ballot measures
- List of South Dakota ballot measures
- History of Initiative & Referendum in South Dakota
- South Dakota Secretary of State: Historical ballot measures and election results
- South Dakota Political Almanac, South Dakota Constitutional Amendments, Initiatives and Referendums 1970-2010
- South Dakota Secretary of State: Historical Election Data
State of South Dakota
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Secretary of Education | Director of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Environment and Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |