South Dakota 2000 ballot measures
- Three of the measures were legislatively-referred constitutional amendments.
- Two of the measures were initiated constitutional amendments.
- One of the measures was an initiated state statute.
- Five of the measures were approved.
- One of the measures was defeated.
On the ballot
|Amendment A||Taxes||Establishes multiple classes of agricultural property for purposes of taxation|
|Amendment B||Local gov't||Authorizes local initiatives to provide for the cooperation and organization of local government.|
|Amendment C||Taxes||Prohibits a state inheritance tax.|
|Amendment D||Lottery||Abolishes video lottery.|
|Amendment E||Gov't Finances||Permits investment of the permanent school funds in certain stocks, bonds, and mutual funds.|
|CISS||Initiative 1||Gambling||Raises the maximum bet limits in Deadwood.|
- 2000 ballot measures
- List of South Dakota ballot measures
- History of Initiative & Referendum in South Dakota
- South Dakota Secretary of State: Historical ballot measures and election results
- South Dakota Political Almanac, South Dakota Constitutional Amendments, Initiatives and Referendums 1970-2010
- South Dakota Secretary of State: Historical Election Data
State of South Dakota
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Secretary of Education | Director of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Environment and Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |