South Dakota Department of Education
|South Dakota Department of Education|
|FY 2013 Budget:||$814.3 million|
|Website:||Department Home Page|
South Dakota school districts
List of school districts in South Dakota
Public education in South Dakota
School board elections portal
This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
|“||The South Dakota Department of Education is dedicated to enhancing learning through leadership and service.||”|
- Operations and Information Director: Mary Stadick Smith
- Delivery Unit Head: Steve Flechtner
- Legal Assistant: Ferne Haddock
- Executive Assistant: Betty Leidholt
- Information Officer: Kodi Odean-Carlin
- Staff Attorney: Bobbi Rank
- Information Specialist: Ruth Raveling
Board of Education
The Board of Education consists of nine members appointed by the Governor with advice from the South Dakota State Senate. Each member serves a term of four years. Board members are responsible for developing standards for high school graduation, school accreditation, teacher certification and continuing education for academic staff.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "South + Dakota + Department + Education"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- South Dakota
- South Dakota Secretary of Education
- South Dakota school districts
- School board elections portal
- South Dakota Department of Education, "2012-2013 General Fund Expenditures," accessed January 22, 2014
- South Dakota Department of Education, "Annual Report 2012-2013," accessed January 22, 2014
- South Dakota Department of Education, "About the Department," accessed January 22, 2014
- South Dakota Department of Education, "Mission Statement," September 29, 1995
State of South Dakota
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Secretary of Education | Director of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Environment and Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |
South Dakota Department of Education | South Dakota school districts |