South Dakota Secretary of Agriculture
|South Dakota Secretary of Agriculture|
|Office website:||Official Link|
|2013 FY Budget:||$44,237,705|
|Authority:||South Dakota Laws, Chapter 38-1-1|
|Selection Method:||Appointed by Governor|
|Assumed office:||May 2013|
|Other South Dakota Executive Offices|
|Governor • Lieutenant Governor • Secretary of State • Attorney General • Treasurer • Auditor • Superintendent of Education • Agriculture Commissioner • Insurance Commissioner • Commissioner of School and Public Lands • Natural Resources Commissioner • Labor Commissioner • Public Service Commission|
The Department of Agriculture was established in Chapter 38 of the South Dakota laws.
|Department continued--Office--Service of process--Seal. The Department of Agriculture of the State of South Dakota is continued with the powers, duties, and jurisdiction enumerated in this code. It shall maintain a central office in the capitol at Pierre in rooms provided for the purpose, which shall be the official address of the department and the place for serving process or papers of any kind upon it. It shall have an official seal.|
Note: Ballotpedia's state executive officials project researches the constitutional or statutory text that establishes the requirements necessary to qualify for a state executive office. That information for the South Dakota Secretary of Agriculture has not yet been added. After extensive research we were unable to identify any relevant information on state official websites. If you have any additional information about this office for inclusion on this section and/or page, please email us.
The secretary of agriculture is appointed by the Governor of South Dakota.
Note: Ballotpedia's state executive officials project researches the constitutional or statutory text that details the process of filling vacancies for a state executive office. That information for the South Dakota Secretary of Agriculture has not yet been added. After extensive research we were unable to identify any relevant information on state official websites. If you have any additional information about this office for inclusion on this section and/or page, please email us.
The mission of the department is to "promote, protect, preserve and improve South Dakota Agriculture for today and tomorrow." The official duty of the secretary is to, under the general direction and control of the governor, executive the powers and discharge the duties vested by law in the Department of Agriculture.
- Agricultural Development
- Finance; Ag Finance Counseling; Ag Loan Mediation; Crop & Livestock Marketing; Business Development Programs
- Agricultural Policy
- Agricultural issues
- Agricultural Services
- Animal Remedy; Apiary; Dairy; Egg; Feed; Nursery; Pesticide; Plant Protection; Rodent Bait Manufacture; Seed, Weed, & Pest Commission Programs
- Resource Conservation & Forestry
- Resource Conservation; Community Forestry; Forest Health; Service Forestry Programs
- Wildland Fire Suppression
- Fire Management and Suppression
- State Fair Park
The budget for the Department of Agriculture in Fiscal Year 2013 was $44,237,705.
Note: Ballotpedia's state executive officials project researches state official websites for chronological lists of historical officeholders. That information for the South Dakota Secretary of Agriculture has not yet been added because the information was unavailable on the relevant state official websites, or we are currently in the process of formatting the list for this office. If you have any additional information about this office for inclusion on this section and/or page, please email us.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "South Dakota" + Secretary + of + Agriculture
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Daugaard sells budget to crowd, defends Northern Beef - Rapid City Journal
- South Dakota's agriculture secretary says state's new raw milk rules will take ... - The Republic
- 10 Cities Where You'll Get Hit With The Most Travel Taxes - Huffington Post
- South Dakota leads region in wetland determination backlog - Rapid City Journal
- Ron Paul Predicts Son Rand Will 'Probably' Run For President In 2016 - Huffington Post
- Black Hills Milk pulls plug on raw milk sales - Rapid City Journal
- South Dakota's New Raw Milk Rules Effective Dec. 11 - Food Safety News
- Secret expenses revealed behind Obama's ethanol power push - The Oshkosh Northwestern
- Cow Lease/Share Arrangements Match Cows to Feed Resources - AgWeb
- SD Department of Agriculture loan program builds track record - Tri-State Neighbor
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
Office of the Secretary
South Dakota Department of Agriculture
523 E. Capitol Avenue
Pierre, SD 57501-3182
Phone: (605) 773-5926
Toll free: (800) 228-5254
Fax: (605) 773-5926
- ↑ SDDA.gov, "Secretary of agriculture, Walt Bones," accessed October 24, 2011
- ↑ South Dakota Department of Agriculture, "SDDA Divisions," accessed July 6, 2013
- ↑ Legis.state.SD.us, "South Dakota codified laws," accessed October 24, 2011
- ↑ Sdda.SD.gov, "South Dakota Department of Agriculture," accessed October 24, 2011
- ↑ Legis.state.SD.us, "Chapter 38-1-4, South Dakota codified laws," accessed October 24, 2011
- ↑ South Dakota Bureau Finance and Management, "Budget in Brief FY 2013," accessed April 8, 2013
- ↑ The Council of State Governments,"The Book of States 2010 Table 4.11," retrieved May 14, 2011