South Dakota State Militia Organization (1910)
The South Dakota State Militia Organization Referendum was on the November 8, 1910 ballot in South Dakota as a veto referendum, where it was defeated. The measure would have changed the organization, maintenance, equipment and regulation of the state militia.
|South Dakota State Militia Organization Referendum (1910)|
Text of measure
The 1910 statewide ballots for referendas were over six feet long in fine print because the laws at the time required the printing of the full text of each measure, as opposed to a ballot title or summary of the measures.
|historical ballot measure article requires that the text of the measure be added to the page.|
Path to the ballot
This measure was placed on the ballot by a referendum petition.
- South Dakota 1910 ballot measures
- 1910 ballot measures
- List of South Dakota ballot measures
- History of Initiative & Referendum in South Dakota
- South Dakota Political Almanac, Table 7. Results of Elections Concerning State Constitutional Amendments and Initiated and Referred Laws, 1889-1968
- Oberholtzer, E. P. (1911). The Referendum in America. New York: Charles Scribner's Sons
- South Dakota Political Almanac, "Table 7. Results of Elections Concerning State Constitutional Amendments and Initiated and Referred Laws, 1889-1968," accessed May 22, 2014
- Lowell, A. L. (1921). Public Opinion and Popular Government. New York: Longmans, Green and Co.
State of South Dakota
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Secretary of Education | Director of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Environment and Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |