South Dakota Uranium Mining and Nuclear Waste, Initiative 1 (1980)
The South Dakota Uranium Mining and Nuclear Waste Initiative, also known as Initiative 1, was on the November 4, 1980 ballot in South Dakota as an indirect initiated state statute, where it was defeated. The measure would have related to the regulation of uranium mining, construction of nuclear power plants and disposal of nuclear waste.
|South Dakota Initiative 1 (1980)|
Text of measure
The text of the measure can be read here.
- South Dakota 1980 ballot measures
- 1980 ballot measures
- List of South Dakota ballot measures
- History of Initiative & Referendum in South Dakota
- South Dakota Political Almanac, South Dakota Constitutional Amendments, Initiatives and Referendums 1970-2010
- Inter-University Consortium for Political and Social Research: Referenda Elections for South Dakota 1968-1990
State of South Dakota
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Secretary of Education | Director of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Environment and Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |
|historical ballot measure article requires that the text of the measure be added to the page.|