South Dakota school board elections, 2014
Poll Opening and Closing Times
A total of two South Dakota school districts among America's largest school districts by enrollment held elections in 2014 for three seats. Sioux Falls School District held its election on April 8, 2014. Rapid City Area School District held its election on June 3, 2014.
Here are several quick facts about South Dakota's school board elections in 2014:
- The largest school district by enrollment with an election in 2014 was Sioux Falls School District with 21,390 K-12 students.
- The smallest school district by enrollment with an election in 2014 was Rapid City Area School District with 13,382 K-12 students.
- Rapid City Area School District had the most seats up for election in 2014 with two seats up for election. Sioux Falls School District had one seat up for election.
The districts listed below served 34,772 K-12 students during the 2010-2011 school year, according to the National Center for Education Statistics. Click on the district names for more information on the district and its school board elections.
|2014 South Dakota School Board Elections|
|District||Date||Seats up for election||Total board seats||Student enrollment|
|Sioux Falls School District||4/8/2014||1||5||21,390|
|Rapid City Area School District||6/3/2014||2||7||13,382|
- List of school board elections in 2014
- School board elections, 2014
- Public education in South Dakota