For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, will be limited. Select races will be covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Southwest Illinois City Management Association
- See also: Illinois government sector lobbying
The Southwest Illinois City Management Association belongs to the International City/County Management Association, which lobbies.
The primary mission of the Association is to enhance and expand the professional competence of local government administrators.
It provides networking opportunities for members, as well as a forum for government officials to exchange information, and aims to help in government administrators' professional development. It also provides "social interaction opportunities for local government professionals and their families" and welcomes local government administrators who are new to the region.
Full membership is available to:
- City, village and county managers and administrators,
- Chief administrative officers of cities, villages and counties,
- Executive directors or chief administrative officers in regional councils of government (COG’s),
- Assistant city, county and village managers/administrators,
- Administrative assistants, and
- Persons who have retired from such positions and from active professional life.
The Board of Directors establishes amounts for membership dues. Dues shall be payable on July 1 of each year.
The Association hosts a monthly lunch meeting. Discussion topics are varied, including legislative issues facing city government, upcoming training opportunities for city employees, and a statewide outreach program to assist Illinois cities that do not have professional managers.