Southwest Region School District is a school district in the U.S. state of Alaska. The district has a graduation rate of 70%.
- The names of school board members, their position and the seat they hold is posted online.
- Agendas from past meetings are available, but minute meetings are not.
- Administrators and their phone numbers are listed on the district's website.
- Report cards for each school are posted online.
- No schedule of board meetings is posted on the district's website.
- No information about background checks is posted.
- Budget, audit and tax information is not found on the district's website.
- No contract information is available.
- No information regarding how to make a request for public records is found on the district's website.
The Board of Education is listed on the website.
| Kay Andrews
| Marie Paul
| Leroy Fox
| Wassillie Wonhola
| Ferdinand Sharp
| Helen Gregorio
| Wassillie Gumlickpuk
In the 2008-09 academic year, the district did not meet Annual Yearly Progress criteria established by the Alaska Department of Education & Early Development. The district was placed on AYP Level 4, which requires corrective action be taken.
In the district, 37% of students are proficient in language arts and 36% are proficient in mathematics.
|| % Proficient in Lang. Arts
|| % Proficient in Math
|| Meets AYP?
| Aleknagik School
| Chief Ivan Blunka School
| Clarks Point School
| Koliganek School
| Manokotak ‘Nunaniq’ School
| Togiak School
| Twin Hills School
|William “Sonny” Nelson School
The district is a member of the Association of Alaska School Boards. The AASB states on its website that it promotes pro-education legislation and to protect the principle of local control of public education, with its efforts led by its Executive Director. The AASB also issues a Legislative Handbook to members of its Legislative Network and publishes a Legislative Bulletin. The AASB is also an affiliate of the National School Boards Association and its Federal Relations Network, which addresses the legislative process at a national level.