Spartanburg County School District 1, South Carolina
|Transparency grading process|
- Main article: Evaluation of South Carolina school district websites
- Board meeting schedule is posted on the front page.
- Accountability reports are posted.
- Spending transparency reports posted.
- Administrative officials are listed with contact information.
- School board members are listed, but contact information is not available.
- Budget is not published.
- Does not include information on taxes, contracts, audits, academic performance, and background checks.
- There is no information on how to request public records.
Regular meeting of the Board of Trustees are generally held on the second Monday of the month. Unless otherwise stated, the meeting are held at the District One Schools Administrative Office at 121 Wheeler Street, Campobello. All meetings begin at 7:00pm.
|Travis Sloan||Vice Chairman|
On April 1, 2009, the South Carolina Legislature passed H3352 which requires school districts in the state to post a check register and credit card statement online. All school districts are required to post monthly statements beginning June 30, 2010.
As of December 23, 2010 the district complies with the law.
PASS (Palmetto Assessment of State Standards)
Federal law requires students in grades 3-8 to take a state test based on state academic standards.
The table below shows the percentage of students in the Spartanburg County School District 1 who met or exceeded the state standard in 2010 and 2009.
|PASS||Writing 2010||Writing 2009||English 2010||English 2009||Math 2010||Math 2009||Science 2010||Science 2009||Social Studies 2010||Social Studies 2009|
State of South Carolina
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller General | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor, Licensing and Regulation | Chairman of Public Service Commission |