Small Business Development Committee, Georgia House of Representatives
The Small Business Development Committee is a committee of the Georgia House of Representatives.
The Small Business Development Committee was formally known as the Special Committee on Small Business Development and Job Creation.
Per the House Rules, committees of the Georgia House of Representatives are assigned by the Speaker of the House. Committees are assigned after each election. A quorum is not defined in the rules. The President is not designated as an "ex officio" member of every committee. The Speaker, Speaker pro Tempore, Majority Leader and Majority Whip are all "ex officio" members of every committee, except the Speaker who is not an "ex officio" member of the Rules committee.
|“||This committee is charged with drafting legislation that will enable the state's small businesses to flourish and create more jobs.||”|
The following table describes committee membership at the beginning of the 2013 legislative session.
|Small Business Development Committee Members, 2013|
|Democratic members (8)||Republican members (12)|
|• James Beverly||• David Knight, Chair|
|• Roger Bruce||• Josh Clark, Vice Chair|
|• Karla Drenner||• Buddy Harden|
|• Virgil Fludd||• Paulette Braddock|
|• Michele Henson||• Amy Carter|
|• Mack Jackson||• Mike Dudgeon|
|• Dar'shun Kendrick||• Tom Kirby|
|• Valencia Stovall||• Allen Peake|
|• John David Pezold|
|• Alan Powell|
|• Jason Shaw|
|• David Stover|
The following table describes committee membership for the 2011 legislative session.
|Small Business Development Committee Members, 2011|
|Democratic members (5)||Republican members (9)|
|• Karla Drenner||• David Knight, Chair|
|• Virgil Fludd||• Barbara Sims, Vice Chair|
|• Michele Henson||• Billy Horne|
|• Roger Bruce||• Paulette Braddock|
|• Gloria Bromell Tinubu||• Josh Clark|
|• Alan Powell|
|• Sean Jerguson|
|• Amy Carter|
|• Allen Peake|
- Georgia State Legislature, "House Rules," accessed January 21, 2014 (dead link)(Rule 11.1)
- Georgia State Legislature, "House Rules," accessed January 21, 2014 (dead link)(Rule 11.7)
- Georgia State Legislature, "House Rules," accessed January 21, 2014 (dead link)(Rule 11.3)
- Georgia House of Representatives, "House Small Business Development," accessed January 17, 2014
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.