Springfield is the capital city of Illinois.
- Main article: Evaluation of Illinois city websites
|Transparency grading process|
- Contact information for the mayor and city council members is posted.
- Agendas and minutes are available for city council meetings.
- Building permit forms and zoning information are available on the website.
- Budget reports and audit reports are available.
- Information on bids and proposals is available.
- Lobbying information and ethics are not noted.
- There is no checkbook register available.
- There is no information on local taxes.
- There is no information on how citizens can access public records.
- Main article: Illinois government sector lobbying
Basic background information
- Official Municipality Name - Springfield
- Sangamon County, Illinois
- Legal Format – City
- Municipal Web Site
- Municipal Code (Ordinances)
- Main Street Address - 800 East Monroe, Illinois 62701
- Main Phone Number - 217-789-2200
- External Reference Sources – Wikipedia Entry Village Profile
Local community organizations
- Chamber of Commerce
- Public Library Phone: 217-753-4900
- Historical Society Phone: 217-789-2377 Fax: 217-789-2380
- City of Springfield
- Springfield information
- Detailed Profile
- City of Springfield links
- Springfield Chamber of Commerce