Springfield Public Schools elections (2014)
Method of election
Springfield Public Schools
Greene County, Missouri ballot measures
Local ballot measures, Missouri
Two seats on the Springfield Public Schools school board were scheduled to be up for general election on April 8, 2014. The district canceled the election since incumbent Denise Frederick and architect Tim Rosenbury were the only candidates with enough signatures to get on the ballot.
About the district
- See also: Springfield Public Schools, Missouri
Greene County outperformed the rest of Missouri in terms of higher education achievement in 2013. The United States Census Bureau found that 28.3 percent of Greene County residents aged 25 years and older had attained a bachelor's degree compared to 26.2 percent for Missouri as a whole. The median household income in Greene County was $40,337 compared to $47,380 for the state of Missouri. The poverty rate in Greene County was 18.7 percent compared to 15.5 percent for the entire state.
Note: The United States Census Bureau considers "Hispanic or Latino" to be a place of origin rather than a race. Citizens may report both their race and their place of origin, and as a result, the percentages in each column of the racial demographics table may exceed 100 percent.
Method of board member selection
The Springfield school board consists of seven members elected at-large to three-year terms. The election, scheduled to be held on April 8, 2014, was canceled because only two candidates got enough signatures to be on the ballot. Three seats will be up for election in April 2015.
Candidates began to file affidavits of candidacy on December 17, 2013. The filing deadline for school board candidates to get on the ballot in the general election was January 21, 2014 and the deadline for candidate certification was January 28, 2014.
- Denise Frederick
Information about earlier elections can be found by clicking [show] at the right.
The following dates were key deadlines for the Springfield Public Schools election in 2014:
|December 17, 2013||First day for candidate filing|
|December 24, 2013||First day for candidate filing (Kansas City)|
|January 21, 2014||Last day for candidate filing|
|January 28, 2014||Final certification date|
|March 12, 2014||Last day to register to vote|
|April 8, 2014||Election day|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Springfield + Public + Schools + Missouri"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Springfield Public Schools, Missouri
- Missouri school board elections, 2014
- List of school board elections in 2014
- School board elections, 2014
- Greene County, Missouri ballot measures
- Local ballot measures, Missouri
- Election preview: More than 100 candidates running in California, Missouri and South Dakota school board elections
- Post-election:Incumbents fare well in Missouri, South Dakota and California school board elections
- Austin Robertson, KTTS, "No Need For Springfield School Board Election This April," January 26, 2014
- United States Census Bureau, "Greene County, Missouri," accessed February 3, 2014
- National Center for Education Statistics, "ELSI Table Generator," accessed April 22, 2014
- Missouri Secretary of State, "Missouri Election Results," accessed January 23, 2015
- United States Census Bureau, "Frequently Asked Questions," accessed April 21, 2014
- Each column will add up to 100 percent after removing the "Hispanic or Latino" place of origin percentages, although rounding by the Census Bureau may make the total one- or two-tenths off from being exactly 100 percent. This Ballotpedia page provides a more detailed explanation of how the Census Bureau handles race and ethnicity in its surveys.
- Missouri Secretary of State, "2014 Election Calendar," accessed February 6, 2014
- KTTS 94.7 FM, "No Need For Springfield School Board Election This April," January 26, 2014
|2014 Springfield Public Schools Elections|
|Greene County, Missouri|
|Election date:||April 8, 2014|
|Candidates:||At-large: Denise Frederick • Tim Rosenbury|
|Important information:||Key deadlines • Additional elections on the ballot|