St. Croix County Nursing Home Levy Continuation (April 2012)
This measure was approved
- YES 11,050
- NO 6,444
This measure sought to continue the current property tax to fund the nursing home. County officials noted that they believe the measure would pass with no issues, but if it had been defeated then that would have shown that residents no longer want the nursing home to be funded by the county. Though the question was just advisory, the Board would still take the votes into consideration. Some have noted that the county should allow the home to be privatized so that county taxpayers are not burdened with the additional taxes.
Text of measure
The question on the ballot:
|Should St. Croix County continue to operate the St. Croix County nursing home in New Richmond if property tax dollars are needed to partially fund its operations?|
- St Croix County Clerk, April Election Results
- Pierce County Herald, "St. Croix voters will decide fate of nursing home," January 9, 2012
- Hudson Star-Observer, "St. Crox voters to weigh in on nursing home," March 26, 2012
- St Croix County Clerk, April Sample Ballot
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.