Saint James Parish, Louisiana is one of 64 parishes in Louisiana. A parish, in Louisiana, is the equivalent of a county in other states. The parish seat is Convent. As of 2000, the population was 21,216.
- See also: Evaluation of Louisiana parish websites
- An inspection of the website finds that it includes a complete list of council members, including e-mail addresses.
- The most recent meeting agenda is available, along with archived minutes and agendas dating to January 2001.
- The budget and audits are available online.
- While there is a form for a building permit, no information on building and zoning is available.
- No information is available on local taxes, parish contracts or lobbying efforts.
- No information is provided about how parish residents can request access to public documents of the parish under Louisiana's sunshine laws.
- ↑ Parish council members
- ↑ Council Agenda
- ↑ Minutes of Meetings
- ↑ Department of Finance