For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
St. Joseph County, Indiana
- Main article: Evaluation of Indiana county websites
This website was reviewed on November 10, 2011.
- Council members are listed with contact information.
- Meeting minute and schedules are posted.
- County commissioners are listed, but individual contact information is not provided.
- A department directory with contact information is posted.
- Generic information on bids is posted.
- Tax rates are posted and taxes may be paid online.
- Building permits and zoning information are hyperlinked, linking to the South Bend government website.
- The current budget is posted, but does not include a summary or revenues. Archives are not posted.
- There is no search function on the site.
- Contact information for individual commissioners is not posted.
- Specific information on bids and granted contracts is not posted.
- Budget summaries, revenues, and archives are not posted.
- Audits are not posted.
- No information on Taxpayer-funded lobbying is posted.
- Information on how to make a public records request is not provided on the site.
|Michael J. Hamman||A||Member|
|Corey D. Noland||B||Member|
|Dale R. DeVon||C||Member|
|Michael J. Kruk||E||Vice President Pro Tempore|
|Daniel G. Herbster||F||Member|
|Mark A. Catanzarite||G||President Pro Tempore|
|Robert J. McCahill||H||Member|
The Board of Commissioners are the executive authority in St. Joseph County. Commissioners are elected for four-year terms. District lines are redrawn every 10 years.
|Dave Thomas||2nd||Vice President|
In 2010, St. Joseph county total tax rates were 0.5866 per $100 of assessed value.
Indiana Transparency Portal
The Indiana State Auditor has launched an Indiana Transparency Portal (ITP), containing budget and financial information for local governments. The interactive report-builder page offers a range of information. Users can find financial data for a county, municipality or other unit of government.
Because St. Joseph County does not post a complete budget, it is not possible to compare the two. According to the ITP, St. Joseph's 2012 budgeted expenditures are $90,914,462 and its revenues are $81,175,022.
- St. Joseph County official website
- St. Joseph County Chamber of Commerce
- St. Joseph County stats
- St. Joseph County free public records Directory
- Stats Indiana, "St. Joseph County," accessed November 10, 2011
- Official St. Joseph County website, "County Council," accessed November 10, 2011
- Official St. Joseph County website, "Meeting Minutes," accessed November 10, 2011
- Official St. Joseph County website, "Board of Commissioners," accessed November 10, 2011
- Official St. Joseph County website, "Departments," accessed November 10, 2011
- Official St. Joseph website, "Purchasing," accessed November 10, 2011
- Official St. Joseph website, "County Treasurer," accessed November 10, 2011
- Official St. Joseph website, "Building Department," accessed November 10, 2011
- Official St. Joseph website, "Auditor," accessed November 10, 2011
- St. Joseph County, "2010 Tax Rates," accessed November 28, 2011
- Indiana Gateway for Government Unites, "Report Builder," accessed November 28, 2011