St. Joseph County, Indiana
- Main article: Evaluation of Indiana county websites
This website was reviewed on November 10, 2011.
- Council members are listed with contact information.
- Meeting minute and schedules are posted.
- County commissioners are listed, but individual contact information is not provided.
- A department directory with contact information is posted.
- Generic information on bids is posted.
- Tax rates are posted and taxes may be paid online.
- Building permits and zoning information are hyperlinked, linking to the South Bend government website.
- The current budget is posted, but does not include a summary or revenues. Archives are not posted.
- There is no search function on the site.
- Contact information for individual commissioners is not posted.
- Specific information on bids and granted contracts is not posted.
- Budget summaries, revenues, and archives are not posted.
- Audits are not posted.
- No information on Taxpayer-funded lobbying is posted.
- Information on how to make a public records request is not provided on the site.
|Michael J. Hamman||A||Member|
|Corey D. Noland||B||Member|
|Dale R. DeVon||C||Member|
|Michael J. Kruk||E||Vice President Pro Tempore|
|Daniel G. Herbster||F||Member|
|Mark A. Catanzarite||G||President Pro Tempore|
|Robert J. McCahill||H||Member|
The Board of Commissioners are the executive authority in St. Joseph County. Commissioners are elected for four-year terms. District lines are redrawn every 10 years.
|Dave Thomas||2nd||Vice President|
In 2010, St. Joseph county total tax rates were 0.5866 per $100 of assessed value.
Indiana Transparency Portal
The Indiana State Auditor has launched an Indiana Transparency Portal (ITP), containing budget and financial information for local governments. The interactive report-builder page offers a range of information. Users can find financial data for a county, municipality or other unit of government.
Because St. Joseph County does not post a complete budget, it is not possible to compare the two. According to the ITP, St. Joseph's 2012 budgeted expenditures are $90,914,462 and its revenues are $81,175,022.
- St. Joseph County official website
- St. Joseph County Chamber of Commerce
- St. Joseph County stats
- St. Joseph County free public records Directory
- Stats Indiana "St. Joseph County," accessed November 10, 2011
- Official St. Joseph County website "County Council," accessed November 10, 2011
- Official St. Joseph County website "Meeting Minutes," accessed November 10, 2011
- Official St. Joseph County website "Board of Commissioners," accessed November 10, 2011
- Official St. Joseph County website "Departments," accessed November 10, 2011
- Official St. Joseph website "Purchasing," accessed November 10, 2011
- Official St. Joseph website "County Treasurer," accessed November 10, 2011
- Official St. Joseph website "Building Department," accessed November 10, 2011
- Official St. Joseph website "Auditor," accessed November 10, 2011
- St. Joseph County "2010 Tax Rates," accessed November 28, 2011
- Indiana Gateway for Government Unites "Report Builder," accessed November 28, 2011