Saint Landry Parish, Louisiana is one of 64 parishes in Louisiana. A parish, in Louisiana, is the equivalent of a county in other states. It is at the heart of Acadian/Cajun culture and heritage in Louisiana. The parish seat is Opelousas. In 2000, the population of the parish was 87,700. As of 2006, the population estimate was 91,528.
- See also: Evaluation of Louisiana parish websites
- An inspection of the website finds that it includes a complete list of parish council members, along with contact information.
- Budget information is included.
- Includes contact information for administrative officials.
- Meeting times and dates are listed, and minutes are available dating to 2005.
- Contains information on obtaining permits.
- Parish audits, contracts and tax information are not online.
- No information is provided about how parish residents can request access to public documents of the parish under Louisiana's sunshine laws.
- The website does not have a search function.
- ↑ Parish council members
- ↑ Budget
- ↑ Administration
- ↑ Meeting Information
- ↑ Council Minutes Archive
- ↑ Permits