St Louis Park, Minnesota
|Transparency grading process|
- There is a listing of the time and places for meetings. There is also a posting of the next meeting agenda. Also all the meetings may be watched on the internet.
- All of the city commissioners are posted online, along with their contact information.
- Applications for permits and licenses are available online.
- Has a staff directory.
- Contains general information about property taxes.
- No information on how to file for public records. Though there is information about the IT department available.
- No listing the county credit card receipts, or posting on the checkbook register.
- Does not disclose if belongs to government sector lobbying associations.
Green wi-fi system
In 2006 a plan was launched to provide the city with free wi-fi internet that would be powered by solar panels. About 490 poles were installed across the city and will begin to be removed after January 30, 2009.
The company in charge of the installation Arinc, Inc., the firm had been engaged in a lawsuit over the project's numerous delays and technical failures. Arinc, Inc. and the city recently settled outside of court that Arinc, Inc. will pay the city $1.05 million.
No company prior had successfully installed a solar powered wi-fi network. Since then some city council members have expressed "concern" about the reliability of solar power.
- St. Louis Park government website
- St. Louis Park schools
- St. Louis Park Friend of Hearts
- St. Louis Park History