|Mississippi State Auditor|
|Years in position||5|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 8, 2011|
|First elected||November 6, 2007|
|Next election||November 2015|
|Mississippi State Senate District 42|
|Master's||New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary (1993)|
|Birthday||July 12, 1968|
|Place of birth||Laurel, Mississippi|
Prior to his election as Mississippi State Auditor, Pickering served in the Mississippi State Senate, representing District 42 from 2004 to 2008. He helped organize and served as founding Co-Chairman of the pro-hunting Mississippi Legislative Sportsman’s Caucus.
- MA, New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary, 1993
- BA, Samford University
- Attended, Jones County Junior College
Mississippi Auditor (2008-present)
In his current position as state auditor, Pickering's main role is to assess state and local governmental and other entities to ensure that public funds are properly used.
Pickering serves on the Domestic Working Group for the Office of the Comptroller General of the United States, as well as the Financial Management and Intergovernmental Affairs and Performance Audit Committees for the National Association of State Auditors, Comptrollers and Treasurers and is a member of the National State Auditors Association.
Mississippi State Senate (2004-2008)
Pickering won re-election as state auditor in 2011. He defeated Reform Party candidate Ashley Norwood in the November 8 general election.
|Mississippi Auditor, 2011|
|Republican||Stacey Pickering Incumbent||75.6%||596,395|
|Mississippi State Auditor, 2007|
|Election Results Via: Mississippi Secretary of State|
Comprehensive donor information for Pickering is available dating back to 2003. Based on available campaign finance records, Pickering raised a total of $1,005,118 during that time period. This information was last updated on July 17, 2013.
2007 and 2011
Ballotpedia collects information on campaign donors for each year in which a candidate or incumbent is running for election. The following table offers a breakdown of Stacey Pickering's donors each year. Click [show] for more information.
|Stacey Pickering's Campaign Contributions|
|Total Raised by General Election Opponent||$40,682 (Dem)||$800 (Reform)|
|Top 5 contributors||Mississippi Republican Party||$125,000||Pickering for Congress||$20,000|
|Mississippi Association of Realtors||$16,000||Kristie Sims||$7,500|
Leland R Speed
|$5,000 each||Mississippi Realtors Association||$7,000|
|Mississippi Hospital Association||$5,000||Kristie Sims||$6,750|
|$5,000 each||Mississippi Hospital Association||$5,000|
Pickering is married and has four children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Stacey + Pickering + Mississippi + Auditor"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Mississippi Supreme Court denies Pickering motion to stay newspaper case - SunHerald.com
- MS State Auditor Stacey Pickering says he will run for US Senate if Thad ... - Yall Politics
- Newspaper seeks contempt order in records dispute - SunHerald.com
- Miss. auditor asks court to release MDMR records - Yall Politics
- Aide Says Cochran Will Run in 2014 - WTOK
- Judge directs auditor, MDMR to release records - Hattiesburg American
- Thad Cochran to run for reelection - Politico
- Sen. Cochran will seek reelection in 2014 - Washington Post (blog)
- Wait for Thad Cochran call continues - Politico
- Schloegel directs auditor, DMR to release records to public - SunHerald.com
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Office of the Mississippi State Auditor
- Official 2011 campaign website
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Campaign contributions: 2011, 2009, 2007, 2005, 2003
- Stacey Pickering on Facebook
- Stacey Pickering on Twitter
- ↑ Stacy Pickering, " About," accessed February 6, 2013
- ↑ Stacey Pickering, "About," retrieved May 7, 2011
- ↑ Mitt Romney for President, "Mitt Romney Announces Support of Mississippi Lt. Governor Reeves and Other Leaders," January 20, 2012
- ↑ Project Vote Smart, "Stacey Pickering," retrieved May 7, 2011
- ↑ Mississippi State Board of Elections, "November 2007 General Election Results for Auditor," retrieved April 30, 2011
- ↑ Follow the Money, "Career fundraising for Stacey E. Pickering," accessed July 17, 2013
- ↑ Follow the Money.org
|Mississippi State Auditor
| Succeeded by|