|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 43A|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Stout's website highlights the following campaign themes:
|“||Quality Education For Every Child
Ensuring the highest quality education that prepares our children to compete in a global economy and meets the demands of tomorrow's workplace must be our top priority. We have a strong tradition of education excellence in Minnesota, yet we have a serious achievement gap. By ensuring innovation, prioritizing funding, and high standards, every child can learn without limits.
Effective And Efficient State Government
It's clear that we need fiscal responsibility in the state government. A balanced budget is the foundation for long-term structural reform. I am committed to a state budget that is sustainable and does not burden taxpayers. Maintaining a balanced budget can only be achieved through spending cuts, efficient government, and supporting a private sector economy. By eliminating wasteful programs, while making better use of existing resources, we as taxpayers get the best value for our money. It is crucial that we strive for innovation and efficiency in state and local governments by prioritizing and addressing critical needs such as education, transportation, and public safety.
In order to compete in a global economy, we need to expand opportunities for Minnesota businesses and our strong workforce, which can be achieved by reducing tax burdens and streamlining permitting and regulatory processes. By maintaining and growing quality jobs, we will increase revenue, which will provide us the opportunity to address the fiscal needs of the state. Fostering a climate for continued job growth ensures economic prosperity for all Minnesotans.
Stout's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "In order to compete in a global economy, we need to expand opportunities for Minnesota businesses and our strong workforce, which can be achieved by reducing tax burdens and streamlining permitting and regulatory processes."
- Excerpt: "I am committed to a state budget that is sustainable and does not burden taxpayers."
- Excerpt: "I believe that all students should have the opportunity to achieve at their highest capacity."
Elections for the office of Minnesota House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 12, 2014, and a general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 3, 2014. Incumbent Peter Fischer was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Stacey Stout was unopposed in the Republican primary. Fischer faces Stout in the general election.
Stout ran in the 2012 election for Minnesota House of Representatives District 43A. She ran unopposed in the Republican primary on August 14 and was defeated by Peter Fischer (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 43A, General Election, 2012|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Stacey + Stout + Minnesota + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Minnesota House of Representatives
- Minnesota House of Representatives District 43A
- Minnesota House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Minnesota State Legislature
- Official campaign website
- Stacey Stout on Facebook
- Stacey Stout on Twitter
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "2014 State General Election Candidate Filings," accessed July 1, 2014
- Stout Volunteer Committee, "Issues," accessed October 21, 2014
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- Stout Volunteer Committee, "Issues," accessed October 21, 2014 (Archived)
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "State Canvassing Board Report," August 19, 2014
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "2014 State General Election Candidate Filings," accessed July 25, 2014
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "2012 State General Election Candidate Filings," accessed June 19, 2012
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "Minnesota State Canvassing Report - State Primary - Tuesday, August 14, 2012," accessed April 23, 2014
State of Minnesota
St. Paul (capital)
Minnesota State Constitution | House of Representatives | Senate | County Attorney | House Research Department | Legislative Reference Library | Senate Counsel Research and Fiscal Analysis | Legislative Auditor |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Commissioner of Management and Budget | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chair of Public Utilities |