Staci L. Pruett
|Staci L. Pruett|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Board member, Moore Board of Education, District 4|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||February 11, 2014|
|First elected||February 11, 2014|
|Next general||February 2019|
|Bachelor's||University of Oklahoma|
|Profession||Business development officer|
Pruett studied Business Administration at the University of Oklahoma. She currently works as a business development officer for First American Bank. Pruett is also the secretary for the Moore Public Schools Foundation.
- See also: Moore Public Schools elections (2014)
Staci L. Pruett ran unopposed for the District 4 seat in the general election scheduled for February 11, 2014. The election was canceled as Pruett was the only candidate to file for election.
As of January 15, 2014, Pruett did not report any campaign contributions or expenditures to the Oklahoma Ethics Commission.
Pruett did not receive any official endorsements for her campaign.
What was at stake?
District 4 incumbent Jon Painter did not file for re-election for the 2014 election. Newcomer Staci Pruett sought Painter's position without opposition on February 11, 2014.
Issues in the district
Impact of 2013 tornado
The district faced significant damage from a powerful tornado that cut through the region on May 20, 2013. A tornado producing winds up to 210 miles per hour destroyed Plaza Towers Elementary School, killing seven students. The storm damaged Briarwood Elementary School and Highland East Junior High School. Superintendent Susan Pierce shifted 1,150 students throughout the district during the 2013-2014 school year. The district plans to build an elementary school to replace Plaza Towers while rebuilding parts of the damaged schools.
About the district
- See also: Moore Public Schools, Oklahoma
Moore underperformed in comparison to the rest of Oklahoma in terms of higher education achievement in 2010. The United States Census Bureau found that 22.3% of Moore residents aged 25 years and older had attained a Bachelor's degree compared to 23.2% for Oklahoma as a whole. The median household income in Moore was $56,892 compared to $44,891 for the state of Oklahoma. The poverty rate in Moore was 11.3% compared to 16.6% for the entire state.
Note: The United States Census Bureau considers "Hispanic or Latino" to be a place of origin, not a race. Therefore, the Census allows citizens to report both their race and that they are from a "Hispanic or Latino" place of origin simultaneously. As a result, the percentages in each column of the racial demographics table will exceed 100 percent. Each column will add up to 100 percent after removing the "Hispanic or Latino" place of origin percentages, although rounding by the Census Bureau may make the total one or two tenths off from being exactly 100 percent.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Staci + Pruett + Moore + Public + Schools + Oklahoma"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Moore Public Schools, "Map of School Board Districts," accessed January 15, 2014
- LinkedIn, "Staci Pruett," accessed January 15, 2014
- Moore Public Schools, "MPS Foundation 2013-2014 Board Members," accessed January 15, 2014
- Oklahoma, "Candidate Information," accessed January 15, 2014
- KFOR, "UPDATE: 24 killed in Moore tornado, 9 children," May 20, 2013
- CNN, "Tornado devastates Moore, Oklahoma," accessed January 15, 2014
- CBS News, "Oklahoma schools destroyed by tornado to rebuild," May 30, 2013
- United States Census Bureau, "Moore, Oklahoma," accessed January 15, 2014
- National Center for Education Statistics, "ELSI Table Generator," accessed January 15, 2014
- Oklahoma, "MESA - Current Registration Statistics by County," accessed January 15, 2014
- United States Census Bureau, "Frequently Asked Questions," accessed April 21, 2014
|2014 Moore Public Schools Elections|
|Election date:||February 11, 2014|
|Candidates:||District 4: • Staci L. Pruett|
|Important information:||What was at stake? • Key deadlines • Additional elections on the ballot|