|Arkansas House of Representatives, District 35|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Little Rock City Board, Ward 3|
|Bachelor's||University of Arkansas in Fayetteville (1985)|
Hurst represents Ward 3 on the Little Rock City Board.
Hurst earned her B.S. in Communications from the University of Arkansas in Fayetteville in 1985. Her professional experience includes working for the Arkansas Children’s Hospital Foundation for twelve years.
Hurst's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "Remove barriers to private sector business growth in Arkansas."
- Excerpt: "Reduce Regulation – Create a “Red Tape Commission” to review Arkansas laws that are regulating business with an eye toward streamlining where at all possible."
- Excerpt: "Arkansas must provide adequate funding to implement Act 570 – including funding to cover infrastructure needed for effective parole and probation programs."
- Excerpt: "Arkansas must reimburse counties adequately for time spent by state prisoners in county jails."
- Excerpt: "We must identify trades and/or businesses that actually have jobs available. Arkansas must be educating toward those sectors in partnership with the private sector."
- Excerpt: "This must be communicated effectively, but not everyone wants to, needs to, or should go to a four-year college. Learning a skill or trade is a good alternative and can provide stable employment and a healthy income."
Elections for the office of Arkansas House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 20, 2014; a runoff election will take place where necessary on June 10, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 3, 2014. Clarke Tucker was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Stacy Hurst was unopposed in the Republican primary. Tucker will face Hurst in the general election.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Stacy + Hurst + Arkansas + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Arkansas State Senate elections, 2014
- Arkansas State Legislature
- Arkansas House of Representatives
- Arkansas House of Representatives District 35
State of Arkansas
Little Rock (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Executive Director of Natural Resources Commission | Commissioner of State Lands| Director of Labor | Public Service Commission|