|Iowa House of Representatives, District 25|
|January 14, 2014 - Present|
|January 11, 2015|
|Years in position||0|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||University of California, Berkeley|
|Service/branch||United States Marine Corps|
Gustafson earned his B.S. in Finance from the University of California, Berkeley. Gustafson's professional experience includes owning his own law practice and working for Mattel Toys. He served in the United States Marine Corps and the Reserves for 23 years.
Elections for the office of Iowa House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 3, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 14, 2014. Incumbent Stan Gustafson defeated Joan Acela in the Republican primary and was unchallenged in the general election.
|Iowa House of Representatives District 26, General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||Scott Ourth Incumbent||54%||6,725|
|Republican||James L. Butler||46%||5,726|
|Iowa House of Representatives, District 25 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Stan Gustafson Incumbent||63.5%||1,261|
A special election for the position of Iowa House of Representatives District 25 was called for January 7, with a runoff if necessary on February 4. Candidates were nominated by their party rather than chosen through a primary.
|Iowa House of Representatives, District 25, Special Election, 2014|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Stan + Gustafson + Iowa + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Iowa House of Representatives
- Iowa House Committees
- Iowa House of Representatives District 25
- Iowa State Legislature
- Profile from the Iowa House of Representatives
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Profile from Open States
- Official candidate list
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official primary election candidate list," accessed March 18, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official primary election results," accessed June 30, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official general election results," accessed December 1, 2014
- theiowarepublican.com, "Gustafson Nominated in House District 25 Special Election," December 2, 2013
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official candidate list," accessed December 17, 2013
- desmoinesregister.com, "Republican Stan Gustafson wins special Iowa House election," January 7, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official special election results," accessed January 15, 2014
- blogs.desmoinesregister.com, "Special election set for Iowa House District 25 vacancy," November 26, 2013
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Special election information," accessed November 26, 2013
Julian B. Garrett (R)
|Iowa House of Representatives District 25
| Succeeded by|
State of Iowa
Des Moines (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Director of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chair of Utilities |
Iowa Supreme Court | Judicial Nominating and Qualifications Commission | Circuit Court of Appeals | District Courts | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |