|South Dakota State Senate District 32|
|2005-2007, 2009-December 2013|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
|Term limits||Four terms|
|South Dakota State House of Representatives|
|Bachelor's||University of Colorado, Boulder, 1953|
|Master's||University of Colorado, Boulder, 1955|
|Service/branch||Air National Guard|
|Years of service||1949-1957|
|Profession||President/Chief Executive Officer, Northwestern Engineering Company|
Adelstein served in the South Dakota House of Representatives from 2001 to 2005. He joined the South Dakota State Senate in 2005 and served until 2007, but lost the Republican primary election in 2006.
Adelstein is the President and CEO of Northwestern Engineering Company.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Adelstein served on the following committees:
|South Dakota Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Joint Appropriations|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Adelstein served on the following committees:
|South Dakota Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Commerce and Energy|
|• State Affairs|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Adelstein served on the following committees:
|South Dakota Committee Assignments, 2009|
|• Health and Human Services|
Adelsteinis was unopposed in both the Republican primary on June 5 and the general election on November 6.
Adelstein ran for re-election to the 32nd District seat in 2010. He ran unopposed for the seat. The general election took place on November 2, 2010.
|South Dakota State Senate, District 32 (2010)|
|Stanford Adelstein (R)||5,540||100.00%|
Adelstein raised $64,286 for his campaign while Schwiesow raised $22,887 and Katus raised $36,677.
|South Dakota State Senate, District 32 (2008)|
|Stan Adelstein (R)||3,834||34.91%|
|Elli Schwiesow (I)||3,683||33.54%|
|Thomas M. Katus (D)||3,464||31.55%|
Comprehensive donor information for Stanford Adelstein is available dating back to 2000. Based on available campaign finance records, Stanford Adelstein raised a total of $433,393 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 26, 2013.
|Stanford Adelstein's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||South Dakota State Senate, District 32||$1,550|
|2010||South Dakota State Senate, District 32||$794|
|2008||South Dakota State Senate, District 32||$64,286|
|2006||South Dakota State Senate, District 32||$104,094|
|2004||South Dakota State Senate, District 32||$132,788|
|2002||South Dakota House of Representatives, District 32||$14,139|
|2000||South Dakota House of Representatives, District 32||$115,742|
|Grand Total Raised||$433,393|
2012Stanford Adelstein won re-election to the South Dakota State Senate in 2012. During that election cycle, Stanford Adelstein raised a total of $1,550.
|South Dakota State Senate 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Stanford Adelstein's campaign in 2012|
|John Deere & Co||$1,000|
|Black Hills Corp||$300|
|Contractors Pac South Dakota||$150|
|Total Raised in 2012||$1,550|
|Source:Follow the Money|
In 2010, Adelstein received $794 in campaign donations. The largest contributors are listed below.
|South Dakota State Senate 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Stanford Adelstein's campaign in 2010|
|South Dakota Retailers Association||$300|
|Total Raised in 2010||$794|
Adelstein raised $64,286 during the 2008 election cycle.
His top contributors are listed below.
|South Dakota Republican Party||$5,638|
|South Dakota Association of Specialty Care Providers||$250|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Stanford + Adelstein + South + Dakota + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Ballot News: South Dakota senator calls for Secretary of State to step down September 28, 2012
- Ballot News: South Dakota Secretary of State employee resigns after investigation July 14, 2012
- Stan Adelstein's personal website
- Bio from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000
- Stan Adelstein on LinkedIn
- Kentucky.com, "Rapid City businessman appointed to SD Senate," accessed January 14, 2014
- Office of the South Dakota Secretary of State, "2012 Primary Election Candidate List," accessed March 31, 2012
- 2008 Election Results, South Dakota Senate, District 32
- District 32 South Dakota Senate Spending, 2008
- followthemoney.org, "Sharer, William" accessed September 26, 2013
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- Campaign contributors to Stanford Adelstein
|South Dakota Senate District 32
| Succeeded by|
Alan Solano (R)