The State Controlling Board is a joint committee of the Ohio General Assembly. As of January 2011, the President of the board is Randy Cole.
This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
|| The Controlling Board provides legislative oversight over certain capital and operating expenditures by state agencies and has approval authority over various other state fiscal activities including:
- Waivers of competitive selection to agencies when an agency's purchases or leases from a specific vendor exceed the amounts specified in law;
- Appropriation releases for capital construction projects;
- Loans and grants made through the Department of Development;
- Loans and subsidies made through the Department of Education to local school districts; and
- The transfer of appropriation authority between line items within a fund in an agency and increases in appropriation authority in some funds.