State Institutions and Property Committee, Georgia State Senate
Per the Senate Rules, committees of the Georgia State Senate are assigned by the Committee on Assignments. The Committee on Assignments is made up of the President of the Senate, President Pro Tempore, Majority Leader and two members appointed by the President. Committees are assigned after each election. A majority of members is considered quorum, with "ex officio" members not counting towards quorum but allowed to vote. The President is not recognized as an "ex officio" member of any committee.
See rules: Senate Rules
|“||All legislation concerning the construction and maintenance of buildings, lands, and other property owned or managed by the State of Georgia shall be regulated by the State Institutions and Property Committee.||”|
The following table describes committee membership at the beginning of the 2013 legislative session.
|State Institutions and Property Committee Members, 2013|
|Democratic members (2)||Republican members (5)|
|• Gail Davenport||• John Albers, Chair|
|• David Lucas||• Burt Jones, Vice Chair|
|• Mike Dugan|
|• Mike Crane|
|• William Jackson|
The following table describes committee membership for the 2011 legislative session.
|State Institutions and Property Committee Members, 2011|
|Democratic members (4)||Republican members (4)|
|• Gloria Butler||• Buddy Carter, Chair|
|• Gail Davenport||• Frank Ginn, Vice Chair|
|• Donzella James||• Steve Gooch|
|• Valencia Seay||• Johnny Grant|
- Georgia State Legislature, "Senate Rules," accessed January 16, 2014(Rule 2-1.3(a))
- Georgia State Legislature, "Senate Rules," accessed January 16, 2014(Rule 2-3.1(c))
- Georgia State Legislature, "Senate Rules," accessed January 16, 2014(Rule 2-1.8)
- Georgia State Senate, "Senate State Institutions and Property," accessed August 21, 2013
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.