State Poll Opening and Closing Times (2013)
(...elections by state and year.)
Early voting • Absentee voting
Voting in 2013 Primaries
Voting on November 5, 2013
Poll Opening and Closing Times
Signature filing deadlines
Open Primary • Closed Primary • Blanket Primary
Poll opening and closing times state-by-state set to local times for the November 5, 2013 election.
Note: This page is currently being updated and is only including the poll times for states with regularly scheduled elections in 2013 that Ballotpedia staff will be covering. This includes Congress, State Executives, State Legislatures, State Ballot Measures, Local Ballot Measures and School Boards.
State by State Poll Times
- Time zone note: Arizona and Hawaii do not observe Daylight Savings Time. Also, 13 states have multiple time zones. Idaho and Oregon are split between the Mountain and Pacific time zones. Kansas, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Texas are divided between Central and Mountain time zones. Florida, Indiana, Michigan, Kentucky, and Tennessee are split between Eastern and Central time zones. Alaska is divided between the Alaska time zone and the Hawaii-Aleutian time zone.
All of the times below are local.
- See also: Alabama elections, 2013
- See also: Arizona elections, 2013
- See also: California elections, 2013
- See also: Colorado elections, 2013
- See also: Connecticut elections, 2013
- See also: Florida elections, 2013
Florida is split between Eastern and Central time zones.
- See also: Georgia elections, 2013
- See also: Indiana elections, 2013
Indiana is split between Eastern and Central time zones.
- See also: Louisiana elections, 2013
- See also: Maine elections, 2013
- See also: Massachusetts elections, 2013
- See also: Michigan elections, 2013
Michigan is split between Eastern and Central time zones.
- See also: Minnesota elections, 2013
- See also: Mississippi elections, 2013
- See also: New Hampshire elections, 2012
The polling place hours of operation vary in New Hampshire. In general, polling places open between 6:00 am and 11:00 am and close at 7:00 pm or 8:00 pm, Eastern Time. Voters in New Hampshire should contact their municipal clerk's office for actual polling place times.
- See also: New Jersey elections, 2013
- See also: New York elections, 2013
Polls open at 6:00 AM and close at 9:00 PM.
- See also: North Carolina elections, 2013
- See also: Ohio elections, 2013
- See also: Pennsylvania elections, 2013
- See also: Rhode Island elections, 2013
- See also: South Carolina elections, 2013
- See also: Texas elections, 2013
- See also: Virginia elections, 2013
- See also: Washington elections, 2013
- See also: Wisconsin elections, 2013
- ↑ Alabama Secretary of State "2012 Voter Guide"
- ↑ Arizona Secretary of State "Poll Times," Accessed August 2012
- ↑ California Secretary of State "Elections FAQ"
- ↑ Colorado Secretary of State "2012 Election Calendar"
- ↑ Connecticut Secretary of State "2013 Calendar"
- ↑ Florida Secretary of State "What Times"
- ↑ Georgia Secretary of State "Voting Information"
- ↑ Indiana Secretary of State "2012 Elections Calendar"
- ↑ Louisiana Secretary of State "Voting"
- ↑ Maine Government "Elections FAQ"
- ↑ Massachusetts Secretary of State "Voting Questions"
- ↑ Michigan Secretary of State "FAQs"
- ↑ Minnesota Secretary of State "Frequently Asked Questions"
- ↑ Mississippi Secretary of State "2013 Elections Calendar"
- ↑ vote411.org - Voting In New Hampshire
- ↑ New Hampshire Secretary of State "2010 Clerks"
- ↑ New Jersey Elections "FAQ"
- ↑ New York Elections "FAQ"
- ↑ North Carolina Elections "Voting"
- ↑ Ohio Secretary of State "FAQ"
- ↑ Pennsylvania Votes "Frequently Asked Questions"
- ↑ - General Election Polling Place Hours
- ↑ SC Votes "Voting Information"
- ↑ Vote Texas "When"
- ↑ Virginia Elections "Frequently Asked Questions"
- ↑ vote411.org - Voting in Washington
- ↑ Wisconsin Government Accountability Board "2013 Spring Election"