State legislative scorecards in Iowa
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Ballotpedia is in the process of developing an encyclopedic list of published scorecards. Some states have a limited number of available scorecards or scorecards produced only by select groups. It is Ballotpedia’s goal to incorporate all available scorecards regardless of ideology or number.
If you are aware of a scorecard Ballotpedia has not included please email it to email@example.com.
We are also in the process of providing in-depth description about the reports and the grading processes. However, for those that do not yet feature such descriptions, we offer a tutorial so you can help us expand these areas. See our writing guidelines to contribute.
- See also: State legislative scorecards
No legislative scorecards have been released for the 85th Legislature.
- Legislators are scored on "their records on constitutional principles and civil liberties."
- Legislators are scored on their votes on "key conservative issues."
- Legislators are scored on their votes with or against SC's official position.
The following organizations routinely provide legislative scorecards in Iowa. Legislative scorecards in Iowa are generally created on a biannual basis with scorecards released intermittently following the end of a legislature.
- ACLU of Iowa
- American Conservative Union
- Iowa Votes - Although not a scorecard, this website tracks legislator's voting records on bills.
- Sierra Club - Iowa Chapter