Stearns County is one of 87 counties in Minnesota.
- The names and contact information of all county commissioners is published.
- County commissioner board meeting agendas and minutes are published.
- Audit Reports are published.
- Information on contracts is provided.
- Information on building permits and zoning is available.
- A budget overview is published.
- The complete budget is not available.
- There is no information on administrative officials, taxes, lobbying, and public records.
- Main article: Minnesota government sector lobbying
Stearns County spent $140,000 between 2006-2010 on lobbying the federal government. 
The county has spent the following on government sector lobbying in the state from 2005-2009. This includes both contracts with lobbyists and membership in government sector lobbying associations
Data obtained from Minnesota State Auditor Lobbying Reports