|Former candidate for|
|Maryland State Senate, District 10|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Place of birth||March 13, 1966|
(b. March 13, 1966) was a 2014 Democratic
write-in candidate for District 10
of the Maryland State Senate
She ran unsuccessfully for the same seat in 2010
Boston's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
||My mission for Legislative District 10 involves advancing programs to build stronger families and stronger communities. As we acknowledge society’s competing issues of budget deficits, rising home foreclosures, job losses, and the rising cost of health care, I will be an aggressive advocate to ensure the 10th District receives the services that are needed and the services in existence today do not diminish. I will fight for vocational opportunities in our educational system… not all youth and young adults are college bound; we need to prepare our youth and young adults for life skills and union apprenticeship programs.
As a leader, that leads by example, I am committed to work side by side, hand in hand, to serve as a mentor to our children; a friend to those in need, and an advocate for our causes.
Working to build stronger families for stronger communities is not just the mantra for my campaign; it is my cause. It is my belief that we, the people, must protect our most valuable assets by nurturing our children, and paying homage to our veterans and our senior citizens.
- See also: Maryland State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Maryland State Senate took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 24, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 25, 2014. Incumbent Delores Kelley defeated Stephanie Boston and Pat Kelly in the Democratic primary and has no ballot opposition in the general election. Boston ran as a write-in candidate in the general election.
|Maryland State Senate District 10, General Election, 2014
||Delores Kelley Incumbent
|| Stephanie Boston (write-in)
|Maryland State Senate, District 10 Democratic Primary, 2014
Delores Kelley Incumbent
| Stephanie Boston
| Pat Kelly
Boston was defeated by Democratic incumbent Delores Kelley by a margin of 37,327 to 438. Boston was a write-in candidate.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Stephanie + Boston + Maryland + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Stephanie Boston News Feed
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Maryland Secretary of State, "Official primary election candidate list," accessed March 3, 2014
- ↑ Stephanie Boston for District 10, "Mission," accessed May 23, 2014
- ↑ Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- ↑ Maryland State Board of Elections, "Official 2014 Gubernatorial Primary Election results for State Senate," accessed December 5, 2014
- ↑ Maryland State Board of Elections, "2010 Primary Results," accessed March 3, 2014