|Ohio House of Representatives District 24|
|January 1, 2013 - present|
|January 1, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Hilliard City Council|
Kunze earned her B.A. in English from Indiana University. She previously served on the Hilliard City Council.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Kunze served on the following committees:
|Ohio Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Economic Development and Regulatory Reform|
|• Rules and Reference|
Kunze's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "She will continue to work hard to protect those who create jobs by fighting burdensome government regulations and overbearing taxes. Stephanie will continue to support those who create jobs – not punish them."
- Excerpt: "If re-elected to the Ohio House of Representatives, Stephanie Kunze will continue the fight to create a friendlier business climate that will enable small businesses to stay or relocate to our great state. This will allow for true economic growth and for new job creation."
- Excerpt: "Stephanie Kunze believes that our state government needs to start running more efficiently and be held accountable for the taxpayers’ dollars it spends. Finding and eliminating government waste has been one of Stephanie Kunze’s top priorities as State Representative."
Making Health Care More Affordable
- Excerpt: "Stephanie Kunze is proud our state has some of the best physicians and hospitals in the country and believes that health care should remain in the hands of individuals and caregivers – not the government."
Elections for the office of Ohio House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 6, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 5, 2014. Kathy Hoff was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while incumbent Stephanie Kunze defeated Pat Manley in the Republican primary. Mark Noble is running as a Libertarian candidate. Kunze, Hoff and Noble will face off in the general election.
|Ohio House of Representatives, District 24 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Stephanie Kunze Incumbent||58.6%||5,092|
Kunze won election in the 2012 election for Ohio House, District 24. Kunze was unopposed in the March 6 Republican primary election and defeated Maureen Reedy (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012. Thomas Alban ran as a write-in candidate.
|Ohio House of Representatives, District 24, General Election, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Kunze is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Kunze raised a total of $730,846 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 1, 2013.
|Stephanie Kunze's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Ohio State House, District 24||$730,846|
|Grand Total Raised||$730,846|
2012Kunze won election to the Ohio State House in 2012. During that election cycle, Kunze raised a total of $730,846.
|Ohio State House 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Stephanie Kunze's campaign in 2012|
|Ohio House Republican Organizational Committee||$566,359|
|Ohio Republican Party||$82,398|
|Lager, William L.||$11,544|
|Yassenoff, Erik F.||$3,500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$730,846|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Kunze and her husband, Matt, have two children: Hannah and Abigail. They currently reside in Hilliard, Ohio.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Stephanie + Kunze + Ohio + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Ohio House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Ohio General Assembly
- Joint Committees
- Ohio state legislative districts
- Ohio House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Profile from the Ohio House of Representatives
- Official campaign website
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Follow the Money
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- Stephaniekunze.com, "About," accessed September 27, 2012
- stephaniekunze.com, "Issues," accessed April 23, 2014
- Ohio Secretary of State, "Official primary election results for May 6, 2014," accessed July 3, 2014
- Ohio Chamber of Commerce, "2012 General Assembly Primary Candidates," January 17, 2012
- Ohio Secretary of State “2012 primary results”
- followthemoney.org, "Kunze, Stephanie," accessed June 1, 2013
|Ohio House of Representatives - District 24
| Succeeded by|
State of Ohio
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Superintendent of Industrial Compliance and Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |