|New Jersey General Assembly, District 19|
|Associates||Middlesex County College|
|Place of birth||New Brunswick, NJ|
Ziemba attended Charles Gregory School of Nursing and earned her A.S. in Nursing from Middlesex County College. She is a registered nurse working at a children's hospital.
Ziemba's campaign website highlighted the following issues:
- Lower taxes:
- Excerpt: "Stephanie Ziemba is running to restore fiscal sanity to the State Assembly. She will not vote for any increases in taxes, fees or any backdoor method that politicians utilize to drive a wedge between taxpayers and their hard earned income."
- Improve education:
- Excerpt: "Gutting much of the middle management in school districts along with incentivizing teacher performance are two objectives that can improve test scores in the classroom and save taxpayers much needed revenue. Tenure must be reformed to act like its private sector counterparts and the funding formula for subsidizing abbott districts has to be radically changed or dismantled so residents in non-abbott districts can keep more of their property tax dollars in district for their children rather than someone else's."
- Excerpt: "State government needs an updated, streamlined and user friendly system for residents to pull information about laws on the books, legislation up for debate, voting records, political contributions, zoning ordinances, etc."
- The Economy:
- Excerpt: "Regulations on small business have to be relaxed to allow businesses to thrive. The 19th District needs its own task force to focus on job creation within our communities. The task force would consist of business owners and community leaders within the district."
- Civil liberties:
- Excerpt: "We have to ensure that checks and balances are put in place to prevent the warrentless monitoring and surveillance of innocent citizens."
- Excerpt: "Although this is generally a federal issue, the state government can help subsidize benefits received by veterans. We can not do nothing as many current vets are suffering and a new wave of vets are on their way home from conflicts in the Middle East."
Ziemba ran in the 2013 election for New Jersey General Assembly District 19. Ziemba was bracketed with Arif Khan. She was unopposed in the June 4 Republican primary. She was defeated by incumbent Craig J. Coughlin (D) and incumbent John S. Wisniewski (D) in the general election, which took place on November 5, 2013.
Ziemba has one child and lives in South Amboy, New Jersey.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Stephanie + Ziemba + New + Jersey + General + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Stephanie Ziemba's Campaign website
- Stephanie Ziemba on Twitter
- Project Vote Smart - Stephanie Ziemba
- Facebook page
- New Jersey Department of State, Official Primary Results
- New Jersey Department of State, Unofficial general election candidates (dead link)
- New Jersey Department of State, "Official 2013 Primary Candidates," accessed April 15, 2013
- Ziemba's official campaign website, "Issues," accessed September 10, 2013 (dead link)
- New Jersey Department of Elections, "Official Primary Election Results," accessed July 26, 2013
- New Jersey Department of State, "Official 2013 General Assembly general election candidates," accessed April 10, 2014
- Associated Press, "New Jersey - Summary Vote Results," November 6, 2013
- New Jersey Department of State, "2013 Official General Election results," accessed December 9, 2013
State of New Jersey
|State executive officer||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Protection | Commissioner of Labor and Workforce Development | President of Public Utilities |