|Former candidate for|
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 58|
|(dead link) Campaign website|
Besson's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
Economy and Regulations
- Excerpt: "Regulations have restricted growth in the economy, innovation, and inventions. Often times, regulations only benefit a few corporations while punishing thousands of small businesses. Protection of small businesses and the removal of restrictive regulations can help pave the way to a free market and robust economy."
- Excerpt: "The government has increasingly infringed upon parents rights to decide how and what their students should be taught. Mandated curriculums, teaching methods, and regulations have hindered teachers and students abilities in our schools."
Faith and the United States Constitution
- Excerpt: "Although a majority of people in this country believe in a God, many are being persecuted by those who are intolerant of any belief in God. Our government must stay out of religious institutions and the prohibition of belief and support free exercise of religion."
- Excerpt: "The government has used lies, sophistry, and unprecedented reasoning to improperly apply regulations which are not within its authority. In this process the government has attempted to ignore the First, Second, Ninth, and Tenth Amendments of the United States Constitution. The government needs to return to its proper role in protecting our liberties."
- Excerpt: "Life begins at conception. Our government needs to fulfill its role in protecting the life of its citizens; instead of preying upon the helpless and innocent. We need to fight for the life of others, regardless of which stage it manifests itself."
Elections for the office of Michigan House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 5, 2014, and a general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 22, 2014. Amaryllis Thomas was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Seven challengers ran in the Republican primary; Eric Leutheuser came in first, with Tim Haberl following. Leutheuser defeated Thomas in the general election.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 58 General Election, 2014|
In 2014, Besson's endorsements included:
- Right to Life of Michigan
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Stephen + Besson + Michigan + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Michigan House of Representatives
- Michigan House of Representatives District 58
- Michigan House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Michigan State Legislature
- Official campaign website (dead link)
- Profile from Vote-USA
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Stephen Besson on Facebook
- Stephen Besson on Twitter
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," accessed May 27, 2014
- stephenbesson.com, "Views," accessed July 30, 2014 (dead link) (dead link)
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Representative in State Legislature," accessed August 6, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Representative in State Legislature," accessed December 5, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan General Candidate Listing," accessed September 8, 2014
- Right to Life of Michigan, "Elections," accessed June 18, 2014
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |