|Maine Commissioner of Education|
|March 2011 - October 2013|
|Elections and appointments|
|Maine House of Representatives, District 46|
|2002 - 2006|
|Bachelor's||Drew University (1991)|
|Master's||George Mason University (1998)|
|Birthday||June 6, 1969|
|Place of birth||Portland, Maine|
Before joining the Department of Education, Bowen directed the Center for Education Excellence at the Maine Heritage Policy Center, a Portland-based public policy think tank. Bowen taught social studies in middle and high schools for 10 years in Fairfax County, Virginia, and then in Camden, Maine, prior to joining the Heritage Policy Center. He taught in Fairfax County from 1997 to 2000.
- 1998: George Mason University, M.D.
- 1991: Drew University, BA
Maine Commissioner of Education (2011-2013)
Maine House of Representatives (2002-2006)
Comprehensive donor information for Bowen is available dating back to 2002. Based on available campaign finance records, Bowen raised a total of $17,595 during that time period. This information was last updated on July 11, 2013.
|Stephen Bowen's Campaign Contribution History|
|2006||Maine State House District 46||$7,977|
|2004||Maine State House District 46||$4,741|
|2002||Maine State House District 63||$4,877|
|Grand Total Raised||$17,595|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Stephen + Bowen + Maine + Education"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Maine Commissioner of Education
- Superintendent of Schools
- Governor of Maine
- Maine Secretary of State
- Maine Department of Education "Commissioner Biography" Accessed October 8, 2012
- Kennebec Journal, "Bowen steps down as Maine education chief," February 20, 2014
- Project Votesmart "Biography" Accessed October 8, 2012
- Maine Sun Journal, "LePage picks Bowen to be Maine education chief," February 16, 2011
- Follow the Money, "Career fundraising for Stephen L. Bowen," accessed July 11, 2013
|Maine Commissioner of Education
| Succeeded by|