|Louisiana Secretary of Natural Resources|
|August 8, 2012 - Present|
|Years in position||2|
|Predecessor||Scott Angelle (R)|
|Elections and appointments|
|Appointed by||Governor of Louisiana Bobby Jindal|
|Bachelor's||University of Louisiana-Lafayette|
Chustz began his career for the state with the Louisiana Department of Environmental Quality (LDEQ) in 1987. In this position he worked in surface water enforcement, source water protection and ground water remediation and underground storage tank issues. In 2008 he became Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Office of Coastal Management at the Department of Natural Resources. In October 2011, he became the Assistant Secretary of the Office of Coastal Management and in August 2012 took over as interim Secretary of Natural Resources.
- B.S. in Geology from the University of Louisiana-Lafayette
Louisiana Secretary of Natural Resources (2012-present)
Chustz has served as acting Louisiana Secretary of Natural Resources since August 2012.
Chustz was appointed as interim Louisiana Secretary of Natural Resources by Gov. Bobby Jindal (R) on August 8, 2012. He replaced Scott Angelle, who resigned in order to run for the Louisiana Public Service Commission. Jindal stated, "We look forward to working with Stephen at DNR as we continue to push the federal government to increase oil and gas permitting in order to fuel the nation and make sure our people have good paying jobs to pursue their dreams here in Louisiana.”
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Stephen + Chustz + Louisiana + Resources"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- CBS News, "La. Governor's natural resources secretary resigns," August 9, 2012
- Office of the Louisiana Governor, " Natural Resources - Stephen Chustz," accessed March 22, 2013
- Louisiana Department of Natural Resources, "Governor Jindal Appoints Stephen Chustz to Serve as Interim DNR Secretary," August 8, 2013
|Louisiana Secretary of Natural Resources
| Succeeded by|