Stephen Casey (Rhode Island)
|Rhode Island House of Representatives District 50|
|January 6, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Place of birth||Melrose, MA|
Casey earned his bachelor's degree in Communications from Boston College in 1990. His professional experience includes working as a firefighter for the City of Woonsocket since 2006.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Casey served on the following committees:
|Rhode Island Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Veterans' Affairs|
Elections for the office of Rhode Island House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on September 9, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 25, 2014. Incumbent Stephen Casey is unopposed in the Democratic primary. Richard Fagnant is running as an Independent candidate.
Casey won election in the 2012 election for Rhode Island House of Representatives District 50. Casey defeated incumbent Jon Brien in the September 11 Democratic primary and was unopposed in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Rhode Island House of Representatives, District 50, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Stephen M. Casey||69.1%||2,749|
|Rhode Island House of Representatives, District 50 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Jon Brien Incumbent||48.1%||670|
Comprehensive donor information for Stephen Casey is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Stephen Casey raised a total of $13,802 during that time period. This information was last updated on August 9, 2013.
|Stephen Casey's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Rhode Island House of Representatives, District 50||$13,802|
|Grand Total Raised||$13,802|
2012Stephen Casey won election to the Rhode Island House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Stephen Casey raised a total of $13,802.
|Rhode Island House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Stephen Casey (Rhode Island)'s campaign in 2012|
|Casey, Stephen M||$1,172|
|Cranston Fire Fighters Local 1363||$1,000|
|Connecticut Healthcare District 1199||$500|
|Dercmer Jr, Russell I||$300|
|Friends of Michael Morin||$300|
|Total Raised in 2012||$13,802|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Casey is married to Debra.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Stephen + Casey + Rhode Island + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Rhode Island House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Rhode Island General Assembly
- Joint Committees
- Rhode Island state legislative districts
- Profile from the Rhode Island House of Representatives
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions 2012
- Woonsocket Patch, "Stephen Casey Takes On Rep. Jon Brien For Dist. 50 Seat," accessed August 21, 2012
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography of Rep. Stephen Casey," accessed June 10, 2014
- Rhode Island Secretary of State, "Candidates for Representative in General Assembly," accessed June 30, 2014
- Candidates in Upcoming Elections, "Rhode Island Secretary of State," accessed July 10, 2012
- State of Rhode Island Board of Elections, "2012 Statewide Primary Results," accessed June 10, 2014
- State of Rhode Island Board of Elections, "2012 Statewide General Election Results," accessed June 10, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Casey, Stephen," accessed August 9, 2013
Jon Brien (D)
|Rhode Island House of Representatives - District 50
| Succeeded by|