Stephen P. Carr, II
|Stephen P. Carr, II|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Alabama House of Representatives, District 104|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||January 28, 2014|
A special election for the position of Alabama House of Representatives District 104 was initially called for December 3, 2013, with a primary on October 15, 2013. Because a runoff on December 3, 2013, was needed, the special election was scheduled to take place on January 28, 2014, instead. Due to inclement weather, the election was pushed back a week to February 4. The seat was vacant following Jim Barton's (R) resignation on August 7, 2013, to work for the Kinney Capitol Group. Stephen P. Carr, II was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Susan Hightower, Margie Wilcox, Ralph Carmichael, Nathan Davis and Charlie Plyler faced off in the Republican primary. As no candidate received more than fifty percent of the vote, the top-two vote-getters - Wilcox and Hightower - met in the Republican primary runoff on December 3, 2013, which Wilcox won. Margie Wilcox (R) defeated Stephen P. Carr, II (D) in the special election, which took place on February 4.
Note: Election results will be posted when official results are available.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Stephen + Carr + Alabama + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Wilcox wins Alabama House 104 GOP runoff - Alabama's News Leader
- Bottom of NFL draft: The race is on - KOMO News
- Debate over insurance money, PACs dominates Hightower-Wilcox House runoff ... - al.com (blog)
- Amid much common ground at forum, state House candidates clash over ... - al.com (blog)
- "Official candidate list," accessed October 7, 2013
- timesdaily.com, " Special elections set for Ala. House districts," August 8, 2013
- al.com, "Hightower, Wilcox to face off in GOP primary for state House seat (updated, photos)," October 15, 2013
- therepublic.com, "Wilcox defeats Hightower in Alabama House District 104 runoff," December 3, 2013
- al.com, "Citing inclement weather forecast, governor delays special election set for Mobile House seat," January 27, 2014
- al.com, "Margie Wilcox wins Mobile's House District 104 general election," February 4, 2014
State of Alabama
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer| Auditor| Superintendent of Education| Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Labor| Public Service Commission|