|New York Senate District 41|
|1991 - 2013|
|Per diem||$172/full day; $61/half day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|1980 - 1990|
|Bachelor's||University of Buffalo|
|J.D.||Rutgers University Law School|
|Birthday||November 12, 1943|
Saland has worked as Executive Assistant for New York Assemblyman. He has also worked as Legislative Aide for New Jersey Assemblyman. He is currently Counsel for Gellert and Klein, Professional Corporation.
Saland earned his B.A. from the University of Buffalo in 1965. He went on to receive his J.D. from Rutgers University Law School in 1968.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Saland served on these committees:
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Saland served on these committees:
- Corporations, Authorities and Commissions Committee, New York Assembly
- Energy Committee, New York Assembly
- Housing Committee, New York Assembly
- Veterans' Affairs Committee, New York Assembly
- Codes Committee, New York State Senate
- Consumer Protection Committee, New York State Senate
- Education Committee, New York State Senate
- Finance Committee, New York State Senate
- Judiciary Committee, New York State Senate
- Rules Committee, New York State Senate
- See also: New York State Senate elections, 2012
Saland ran in the 2012 election for New York State Senate District 41. He defeated Neil A. DiCarlo in the Republican primary on September 13, 2012; he also ran on the Independence Party of New York State ticket. Saland was defeated by Terry W. Gipson (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|New York State Senate, District 41, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Terry W. Gipson||43.8%||53,562|
|Republican||Stephen Saland Incumbent||42.1%||51,466|
|Conservative||Neil A. DiCarlo||14.1%||17,300|
|New York State Senate, District 41 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Stephen Saland Incumbent||50.5%||5,288|
|New York State Senate, General Election Results, District 41 (2010)|
|Stephen Saland (R)||56,681|
|Didi Barrett (D)||38,253|
On November 4, 2008, Stephen Saland won the election for New York State Senate, District 41 with 74,087 votes.
Saland raised $461,858 for his campaign.
|New York State Senate, District 41 (2008)|
|Stephen Saland (R)||74,087|
|Kenneth Dow (D)||53,548|
Listed below are the largest contributors to Saland's 2010 campaign.
|New York State Senate 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Stephen Saland's campaign in 2010|
|Rent Stabilization Association||$9,500|
|Total Raised in 2010||$470,375|
Listed below are the five largest contributors to Stephen Saland's 2008 campaign.
|Martin & Sosnoff||$19,000|
|CMTE to Re-elect Senator Joseph Bruno||$9,500|
|Albert Fried & Co||$8,900|
|New York State United Teachers||$8,700|
|New York State Restaurant Association||$8,600|
Saland and his wife, Linda, have four children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Stephen + Saland + New York + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Stephen Saland's personal website
- Official New York State Senate website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998
- State of New York, State Board of Elections, "Candidate Petition List, accessed August 9, 2012
- New York Times, "When Is a Flip Not a Flop?," April 11, 2012
- New York Times, "NY state legislative election results," accessed February 11, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Report on Stephen's 2008 campaign contributions," accessed July 31, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Saland's 2010 Campaign contributions," accessed July 31, 2014
|New York Senate District 41
| Succeeded by|
Terry W. Gipson (D)