Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|New Hampshire House of Representatives, Hillsborough 22|
|December 3, 2014 - present|
|December 6, 2016|
|Years in position||1|
|Base salary||$200/two-year term|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 4, 2014|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
|New Hampshire House of Representatives, Hillsborough 6|
|2010 - 2012|
He served in the New Hampshire House of Representatives, representing Hillsborough 6 from 2010 to 2012.
Stepanek earned his B.S. from Villanova University in 1973. Stepanek has worked as the president of White Cliff Comm. and Hampshire Paper Corporation. He has also worked as a managing partner with CJN Realty and White Cliff Realty.
2015 legislative session
At the beginning of the 2015 legislative session, Stepanek served on the following committees:
|New Hampshire Committee Assignments, 2015|
|• Health, Human Services and Elderly Affairs|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Stepanek served on these committees:
|New Hampshire Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Ways and Means, Chair|
Elections for the office of New Hampshire House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on September 9, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 13, 2014. Incumbent Shannon Chandley, Julie Radhakrishnan and John G. David were unopposed in the Democratic primary, while incumbent Peter Hansen, incumbent Robert Rowe and Stephen Stepanek defeated Nate Jensen in the Republican primary. David was removed from the ballot after the Democratic primary following his death. Chandley, Radhakrishnan, Hansen, Rowe and Stepanek faced off in the general election. After a mandatory recount that took place on Thursday, November 13, 2014, Hansen, Rowe, and Stepanek defeated Chandley and Radhakrishnan.
|New Hampshire House of Representatives Hillsborough 22 District, General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Robert Rowe Incumbent||21.4%||2,896|
|Republican||Peter Hansen Incumbent||21%||2,840|
|Democratic||Shannon Chandley Incumbent||20.7%||2,798|
|New Hampshire House of Representatives, Hillsborough 22 District Republican Primary, 2014|
|Robert Rowe Incumbent||26.5%||929|
|Peter Hansen Incumbent||26%||912|
Stepanek ran for re-election in the 2012 election for New Hampshire House of Representatives, Hillsborough 22. Stepanek advanced past the September 11 primary and was defeated in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|New Hampshire House of Representatives, Hillsborough 22 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Stephen Stepanek Incumbent||28.3%||800|
|Robert Rowe Incumbent||28.2%||797|
|Peter Hansen Incumbent||27.4%||774|
In 2010, a year in which Stepanek ran for election, he collected $650 in donations. His largest contributors in 2010 were:
|New Hampshire House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Stephen Stepanek's campaign in 2010|
|Freedom First Pac||$250|
|Nh Physicians Pol Action Comm||$100|
|Nh Eye Care Cmte||$100|
|New Hampshire Republican Liberty Pac||$100|
|Total Raised in 2010||$650|
Stepanek and his wife, Barbara, have three children.
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Stephen + Stepanek + New Hampshire + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- New Hampshire House of Representatives
- House Committees
- New Hampshire General Court
- New Hampshire state legislative districts
- Profile from the New Hampshire House of Representatives
- Profile from Open States
- New Hampshire General Court
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2010
- New Hampshire Secretary of State, "2014 Filing Period," accessed July 1, 2014
- New Hampshire Secretary of State, "RECOUNTS - General Election – November 4, 2014," accessed November 7, 2014
- New Hampshire Secretary of State, "State Representative - 2014 General Election," accessed November 16, 2014
- New Hampshire Secretary of State, "2012 Primary Results," accessed May 15, 2014
- New Hampshire Secretary of State, "2012 General Election Results," accessed May 15, 2014
- New Hampshire Secretary of State, "2010 Primary Election Results," accessed May 16, 2014
- New Hampshire Secretary of State, "2010 General Election Results," accessed May 16, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2010 campaign contributors," accessed May 15, 2014