|Running for Maine House of Representatives, District 57|
|General election||November 4, 2014|
|Maine House of Representatives, District 75|
|2010 - Present|
|December 3, 2014|
|Years in position||4|
|Base salary||$13,852/year (first regular session) |
$9,661/year (second regular session)
|Per diem||$38/day, plus $32/day for mealsy|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||4 terms (8 years)|
|Service/branch||United States Navy|
Wood served in the United States Navy for twenty years as an E-6 Hydraulics Technician.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Wood served on the following committees:
|Maine Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Inland Fisheries and Wildlife|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Wood served on the following committees:
|Maine Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Inland Fisheries and Wildlife|
Elections for the office of Maine House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 10, 2014, and a general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for party candidates wishing to run in this election was March 17, 2014. The deadline for write-in candidates to run in the primary election was April 28, 2014, and the deadline for non-party candidates to run in the general election was June 2, 2014. Katherine VerSluis was unopposed in the Democratic primary. District 75 incumbent Stephen Wood was unopposed in the Republican primary. Wood faces VerSluis in the general election.
Wood won re-election in the 2012 election for Maine House of Representatives District 75. Wood ran unopposed in the June 12 Republican primary and defeated Katherine Ver Sluis (D) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Maine House of Representatives, District 75, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Stephen Wood Incumbent||60.7%||2,836|
|Democratic||Katherine Ver Sluis||39.3%||1,839|
|Maine House of Representatives General Election, District 75 (2010)|
|Stephen Wood (R)||2,061||52%|
|Stacy Dostie (D)||1,779||45%|
Comprehensive donor information for Wood is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, Wood raised a total of $10,822 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 13, 2013.
|Stephen Wood's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Maine State House, District 75||$4,433|
|2010||Maine State House, District 75||$6,389|
|Grand Total Raised||$10,822|
2012Wood won re-election to the Maine House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Wood raised a total of $4,433.
|Maine House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Stephen Wood's campaign in 2012|
|Wood, Stephen James||$10|
|Total Raised in 2012||$4,433|
|Source:Follow the Money|
In 2010, Wood raised $6,389 in contributions.
His top contributor was the Public Fund, which donated $6,359 to his campaign.
Wood and his wife, Jean, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Stephen + Wood + Maine + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Maine State Legislature
- Maine House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Joint Committees
- Maine state legislative districts
- Maine House of Representatives - Stephen Wood
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012, 2010
- Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "List of Primary Candidates," May 8, 2014
- Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "List of Non-Party Candidates," June 2, 2014
- Maine Secretary of State, "2012 Candidate List," accessed May 14, 2012
- Maine Secretary of State, "Tabulations for Elections held in 2012," accessed March 19, 2014
- Maine Bureau of Corporations, Elections & Commissions, "Official 2010 Election Results," accessed February 18, 2014
- Official Maine Election Results, 2010
- followthemoney.org, "Wood, Stephen J," accessed September 13, 2013
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
Stacy Dostie (D)
|Maine House of Representatives District 75
| Succeeded by|
State of Maine
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |