|Former candidate for|
|Alabama House of Representatives, District 1|
|High school||Central High School|
|Associate's||Northwest Shoals Community College|
Statom has been a fire fighter for over 25 years. He owns and operates a landscape and excavating business.
Statom's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
|“||As your State House District 1 representative, I want to represent you, the “people” of Lauderdale County, with a common sense approach. I want to be your voice in Montgomery. It is my desire to see Lauderdale County go forward, to be progressive in growth, to focus on improvements in our schools, and ensure we are on the cutting edge of technology.||”|
Elections for the office of Alabama House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place June 3, 2014; a runoff election took place where necessary on July 15, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 7, 2014. Incumbent Greg Burdine was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Phillip Pettus defeated Sterling Statom in the Republican primary. Burdine will face Pettus in the general election.
|Alabama House of Representatives, District 1 Republican Primary, 2014|
Statom and his wife, Tracy, have three children. They raise cattle in Lauderdale County. Statom is a member of Florence Fire Fighters Association.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Josh + Statom + Alabama + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Alabama State Legislature
- Alabama state legislative districts
- Alabama State Senate
- Alabama State Senate elections, 2014
- Josh Statom for State House District 1, "Info," accessed May 7, 2014
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- Alabama Democrats, "Qualified candidates for public office list," accessed February 27, 2014
- Alabama Republican Party, "State Senate," accessed February 27, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official Democratic Primary Results," accessed June 20, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official Republican Primary Results," accessed June 20, 2014
State of Alabama
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer| Auditor| Superintendent of Education| Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Labor| Public Service Commission|