Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Idaho House of Representatives, District 15A|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||State University of New York-Albany|
|Master's||University of Minnesota|
Berch's campaign website described the following issues:
- Excerpt: "Idaho ranks 49th in the nation for per capita personal income. I will work to make Idaho more competitive with other states so we can keep good paying jobs in Boise – and bring new ones here."
- Excerpt: "Education is the foundation for sustained economic growth in Idaho. Idaho ranks at the bottom of states for students attending and graduating college. I will work to make Idaho among the most admired for the quality of its education systems (public and higher)."
- Excerpt: "Government should not force unnecessary medical procedures on anyone – and never against their will. This is not the role of government. The legislature is threatening to pass the mandatory ultrasound bill in 2013. I will work to defeat this legislation which is an affront to all women."
- Excerpt: "We must maintain the public’s trust in government. Elected officials and their appointees should be held to the highest standards of ethical conduct. I support the creation of an independent Ethics Commission (similar to what over 40 other states have adopted)."
- Excerpt: "You have the right to know the industrial chemicals being put in your drinking water. The Idaho Legislature allowed industry lobbyists to write their own rules. These rules permitted the oil and gas industry to inject potential cancer-causing chemicals in your drinking water without having to disclose what those chemicals are. I will work to better balance the needs of industry with the safety of our citizens."
Elections for the office of Idaho House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 20, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 14, 2014. Steve Berch was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while incumbent Lynn M. Luker was unopposed in the Republican primary. Berch will face Luker in the general election.
Berch ran in the 2012 election for Idaho House of Representatives District 15B. He was unopposed in the Democratic primary on May 15 and was defeated by Mark Patterson (R) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Idaho House of Representatives, District 15B, General Election, 2012|
Berch was a Democratic candidate for District 14B in the Idaho House of Representatives in the November 2, 2010, state legislative elections. He was unopposed in the primary on May 25th. He lost to Republican Reed DeMordaunt in the general election on November 2, 2010.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Steve + Berch + Idaho + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Idaho House of Representatives
- Idaho House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Idaho State Legislature
- Campaign Website
- Campaign Facebook page
- Campaign LinkedIn page
- Berch's 2010campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Berch's 2010 Campaign Facebook
- Steve Berch, "I Believe...," accessed October 15, 2012
- Idaho Secretary of State, "Official candidate list," accessed March 18, 2014
- Idaho Secretary of State, "Official primary election results," accessed June 12, 2014
- Idaho Secretary of State, "Official general election candidate list," accessed July 7, 2014
- Idaho Secretary of State, "2012 primary election results," accessed May 15, 2012
- Idaho Secretary of State – Elections Division, "November 6, 2012 General Election Results," accessed December 27, 2012
- Idaho Secretary of State, "Official 2010 General election results," accessed April 16, 2014