|Alabama House of Representatives District 93|
|November 5, 2018|
|Years in position||20|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Next general||November 6, 2018|
|Bachelor's||University of Alabama|
|Birthday||February 7, 1956|
|Place of birth||Dale County, AL|
|Profession||Vice President, Clouse Marketing Company|
Clouse is vice president of the Clouse Marketing Company.
Clouse served on these committees in the 2011-2012 legislative session:
- Contract Review Oversight Committee, Alabama State Legislature
- Financial Services Committee, Alabama House of Representatives, Chair
- Military and Veterans' Affairs Committee, Alabama House of Representatives, Vice Chair
- Ways and Means General Fund Committee, Alabama House of Representatives, Vice Chair
- Subcommittee on Appropriations, Chair
Elections for the office of Alabama House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 3, 2014; a runoff election took place where necessary on July 15, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 7, 2014. Jennifer Marsden was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Incumbent Steve Clouse was unopposed in the Republican primary. Clouse defeated Marsden in the general election.
|Alabama House of Representatives District 93, General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Steve Clouse Incumbent||76.7%||9,139|
|Alabama House of Representatives, District 93 General Election (2010)|
|Steve Clouse (R)||11,418|
|Ronnie Helms (D)||3,271|
Clouse raised $128,619 for his campaign, while Williams raised $28,949.
|Alabama State House, District 93 (2006)|
|Steve Clouse (R)||8,874|
|John R. Williams (D)||3,998|
In 2010, Clouse raised $125,061 in contributions.
His three largest contributors were:
|Alabama Farmers Federation||$9,060|
|Business Council Of Alabama||$9,000|
|Medical Association of the State of Alabama||$4,000|
In 2006, Clouse collected $128,619 in donations.
Below are Clouse's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2006 election:
|AL Farmers Federation||$16,620|
|AL Assoc of Realtors||$5,000|
|Medical Assoc of the State of AL||$4,000|
|AL Credit Union League||$3,000|
|AL Nursing Home Assoc||$3,000|
Clouse was endorsed by:
- The Alabama Tea Party Express
Clouse and his wife, Diane, have two children.
Clouse is a member of the American Cancer Society, First United Methodist Church and Ozark Boys and Girls Club Board of Directors. He is also president of the Ozark Rotary Club.
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
Note: As of December 2014, we were unable to locate any scorecards for the state of Alabama. If you are aware of a scorecard Ballotpedia has not included please email it to email@example.com.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Steve + Clouse + Alabama + House
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Alabama House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Alabama State Legislature
- Alabama state legislative districts
- Alabama Legislature - Steve Clouse
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative and voting track record
- Campaign contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006, 2002, 1998
- Alabama House Republican Caucus
- Alabama Democrats, "Qualified candidates for public office list," accessed February 27, 2014
- Alabama Republican Party, "State Senate," accessed February 27, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official Democratic Primary Results," accessed June 20, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official Republican Primary Results," accessed June 20, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official 2010 General election results," accessed July 18, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official 2006 election results," accessed April 15, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Alabama House spending, 2006," November 4, 2006
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- Follow the Money - 2006 Campaign contributions
- The Alabama Tea Party Express, "Endorsements," November 2, 2010
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Clouse
|Alabama House District 93
| Succeeded by|
State of Alabama
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer| Auditor| Superintendent of Education| Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Labor| Public Service Commission|