Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Arkansas House of Representatives District 21|
|2009 - 2010|
|Resigned office June 30, 2010|
|Profession||Vice Chancellor, Community College|
Cole announced that he would be resigning from the legislature effective June 30, 2010, in order to become chancellor of Cossatot Community College. He currently serves as vice chancellor and dean of academic services at the school.
Cole did not provide answers to the Arkansas State Legislative Election 2008 Political Courage Test. The test informs voters how a candidate would vote on the issues if elected.
Cole's sponsored legislation includes:
- HB 1027 - "AN ACT INCREASING THE PENALTY RANGE FOR VOYEURISM FOR PERSONS OVER THE AGE OF EIGHTEEN"
- HB 1239 - "TO PROVIDE OPTIONS FOR THE AGRICULTURE INDUSTRY TO USE MORE FUEL-EFFICIENT VEHICLES TO REDUCE COSTS."
- HB 2259 - "INCREASING THE FELONY CLASSIFICATION FOR NEGLIGENT HOMICIDE AND PROVIDING FOR A LICENSE SUSPENSION AND DWI ENHANCEMENT FOR A CONVICTION FOR NEGLIGENT HOMICIDE."
For a full listing of sponsored bills, see the House site.
Cole is eligible but not seeking re-election in 2010.
Cole raised $30,853 for his campaign.
Below are Cole's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2008 election:
|Steve Cole Arkansas||$3,472|
|Arkansas Health Care Assoc||$2,000|
|Arkansas Broadcasters Assoc||$1,250|
- Arkansas House of Representatives - Rep. Steve Cole
- Project Vote Smart profile
- Campaign Contributions: 2008
|Arkansas House District 21
| Succeeded by|
State of Arkansas
Little Rock (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Executive Director of Natural Resources Commission | Commissioner of State Lands| Director of Labor | Public Service Commission|