|U.S. House, California, District 33|
|Bachelor's||Colorado College, 1976|
|Master's||University of Southern California, 1981|
|Profession||President, Collett & Company, Incorporated, Certified Public Accountants|
was a 2012 Libertarian
candidate who sought election to the U.S. House
to represent the 33rd Congressional District
Collett's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Excerpt: "Our economy is suffocating from decades of massive deficit spending on programs which do more harm than good."
- Excerpt: "I am a Certified Public Accountant with a Masters in Business Taxation. I have spent a career helping people and businesses minimize their tax liabilities."
- Excerpt: "History teaches that there is no substitute for military strength in maintaining a strong defense. Our economic strength and way of life requires a military second to none."
- Excerpt: "Drug prohibition has created illicit markets, empowered gangs, terrorists and drug cartels, resulted in widespread violations of our rights against search and seizure, resulted in massive corruption, overburdened our criminal justice system and contributed to the highest incarceration rate on earth."
- Excerpt: "As a Libertarian, I support civil liberties including minority rights, gay rights and gay marriage, women’s rights, immigrant rights, prisoner rights, civil rights and the Bill of Rights."
- See also: California's 33rd Congressional District elections, 2012
Collett ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House to represent California's 33rd District. He was defeated in the open primary on June 5, 2012.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Steve + Collett + California + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Steve Collett News Feed