Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Colorado House of Representatives District 60|
Collins's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Jobs/Economy/Economic Development
- Excerpt: "we need to end job-killing state regulations that inhibit economic growth in our district. There is too much of a “one size fits all” approach to regulations from Denver—we need a strong voice for the OTHER parts of Colorado."
- 2nd Amendment
- Excerpt: "”the right...to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed” does not leave much room for interpretation. I strongly support the Constitutional Carry provision currently being discussed—a “right” where you have to plead your case before a government agency to exercise it is no right at all."
- Illegal Immigration
- Excerpt: "we need to enforce our existing laws vigorously, and if it is ruled Constitutional (which, I believe it is), I would support an AZ style immigration law in Colorado. We should NOT reward illegal behavior by granting in-state tuition to anyone who has entered (or was brought into) the country illegally. They will still be here illegally after graduation, so would still break our laws by taking a job in the US. "
- Excerpt: "There is currently a ballot initiative that may be in the works that would throw out 150+ years of Colorado water law, and force our water courts to take into account "the common good” when adjudicating water rights. In California, a similar proposal has bankrupted most of the Central Valley of the state and has put MANY long-time family farms out of business, because the "common good" was interpreted to save a 2 inch minnow (the Delta Smelt) from extinction instead of allowing irrigation to some of the most fertile farmland in the nation--causing it to dry up completely."
- Excerpt: "Life begins at conception. Period. The right to life is fundamental to all other rights."
|Colorado House of Representatives, District 60 Republican Primary, 2012|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Steve + Collins + Colorado + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.