Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Illinois State Senate District 50|
|Bachelor's||Kansas State University (1993)|
|Profession||Broker Associate, Re/Max Professionals|
Dove's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Local Roots
- Excerpt: "As a ten year resident of Ward 9, Steve knows the value of tradition."
- Commitment to the Community
- Excerpt: "Steve understands that when people need help, you stand up and give them a helping hand."
- Safe & Affordable Homes
- Excerpt: "As an award-winning realtor, Steve understands how important it is for families to have safe and affordable homes."
- Understanding the Importance of Jobs
- Excerpt: "As a small business owner, Steve knows the importance of making a payroll and holding costs down."
- Keeping Taxes in Check
- Excerpt: "Steve understands that runaway government spending hurts homeowners."
- See also: Illinois State Senate elections, 2012
Dove ran in the 2012 election for Illinois State Senate District 50. Dove was running against Gray Noll and District 49 incumbent William McCann in the Republican primary on March 20, 2012 but he withdrew from the race on February 10, 2012. Incumbent Larry Bomke is not running for re-election in District 50. The general election took place on November 6, 2012.
- thetelegraph.com, "Republican announces candidacy for 50th Senate seat," September 14, 2011
- Campaign website, Issues
- Illinois state board of elections, "Candidate detail," accessed March 21, 2012
- Illinois State Board of Elections "Candidate List," December 5, 2011
- Illinois State Board of Elections, "Official 2012 Primary Results"