Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Kansas State Senate District 1|
Lukert retired from teaching after 32 years, and has been a farmer for 40 years. He and wife Linda have five children and 10 grandchildren.
Lukert refused to take Project Vote Smart's 2008 Political Courage Test. The test, which is administered to all candidates for presidential, congressional, gubernatorial, and state legislative offices, asks one central question - "Are you willing to tell citizens your positions on the issues you will most likely face on their behalf?"
- H 2206 Amendments to late term and partial birth abortion law. 03/05/2009
- H 2245 Fair credit reporting act, credit freeze. 02/05/2009
While a member of the Kansas House of Representatives, Lukert served on the following committees:
- Taxation Committee, House of Representatives
- Agriculture and Natural Resources Committee, House of Representatives
- Agriculture and Natural Resources Budget Committee, House of Representatives
- State-Tribal Relations Joint Committee, State Legislature
- See also: Kansas State Senate elections, 2012
Lukert ran for election in the 2012 election for Kansas State Senate District 1. Lukert ran unoppsoed in the August 7 Democratic primary and was defeated by Dennis Pyle (R) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Kansas State Senate, District 1, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Dennis Pyle Incumbent||50.7%||15,378|
On November 4, 2008, Lukert was re-elected to the 62nd District Seat in the Kansas House of Representatives, defeating Roy Claycamp (R). Lukert raised $34,811 for his campaign, while Claycamp raised $16,920.
|Kansas House of Representatives, District 62|
|Steve Lukert (D)||5,538||57.0%|
|Roy Claycamp (R)||4,167||42.9%|
In 2008 Lukert collected $34,811 in donations.
His four largest contributors were:
|Kansas Medical Society||$1,000|
|National Rifle Association||$1,000|
|Kansas National Education Association||$1,000|
|Kansas Contractors Association||$1,000|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Steve + Lukert + Kansas + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Kansas Legislature - Steve Lukert
- Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Kansas Votes profile
- Steve Lukert on Facebook
- Campaign contributions: 2004, 2006, 2008
- Kansas House Democrats - Rep. Steve Lukert
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Lukert Issue Positions
- Kansas Legislature - Bills Introduced by Member
- Kansas Secretary of State, "Candidates for the 2012 Primary (official)," retrieved July 4, 2012.
- Kansas Secretary of State, Official 2012 Primary Results
- ‘’Kansas Secretary of State, “2012 Kansas General Election Results,” accessed November 7, 2012
- Official Kansas House of Representatives General Election Results, 2010
- 2008 Kansas Election Results
- Kansas House of Representatives, 2008 Money Raised
- Follow the Money - 2008 Campaign Contributions
|Kansas House of Representatives District 62
| Succeeded by|
Randy Garber (R)
State of Kansas
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Wildlife and Parks | Secretary of Labor | Corporation Commission |