Steve McCoy (Iowa)
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Iowa House of Representatives District 26|
|Birthday||April 7, 1945|
|Place of birth||Des Moines|
McCoy's website highlights the following campaign themes:
Business and Economic Development:
- Excerpt:"We must reduce corporate taxes and excessive regulations thereby encouraging businesses to remain in Iowa and create jobs."
- Excerpt:"Educational decisions need to be put back in the hands of the parents and the local communities."
- Excerpt:"The family is the cornerstone of society; a traditional two-parent family of one man and one woman is the best environment to raise children. A person’s behavior should not entitle them to special rights."
- Excerpt:"Federal stimulus dollars and grants should not be relied upon to balance the budget."
- Excerpt:"I will work to return state sovereignty to the state of Iowa."
McCoy ran in the 2012 election for Iowa House of Representatives District 26. He defeated Ruth Randleman in the Republican primary on June 5, 2012, and defeated Scott Ourth (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Iowa House of Representatives, District 26, General Election, 2012|
|Iowa House of Representatives, District 26 Republican Primary, 2012|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Steve + McCoy + Iowa + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Steve McCoy on Facebook
State of Iowa
Des Moines (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Director of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chair of Utilities |
Iowa Supreme Court | Judicial Nominating and Qualifications Commission | Circuit Court of Appeals | District Courts | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |